New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Worst would have been a leaky brake hydrovac and sticky rear drum brakes (mine is an earlier model). Local and later models used a more reliable all disc set up.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    Worst would have been a leaky brake hydrovac and sticky rear drum brakes (mine is an earlier model). Local and later models used a more reliable all disc set up.

Now I am more convinced to get an LC80. Should I worry about its fuel consumption Doc?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by retsuyaken View Post
    Hello guys.

I just saw an ad of a used 1995 M/T LC80. Mileage is between 130k to 135k kms. The price is about 950k pesos. I am planning to trade-in my CR-V for it. What are the things that I should look out for in purchasing the unit? I got so attracted with it because of the positive reviews here in the forums and the fact that it is easy to maintain despite its size.

Thanks and Merry Christmas everyone.
    1. Kalawang (area between the firewall and hood/wipers/front windshield and doors).
    2. Turbo (no leaks and functioning properly)
    3. Clutch (kung m/t) as the torquey engine can kill the clutch if driven with a not so smooth clutch foot.
    4. Brakes; in the m/t version, the engine does a lot of engine braking so you don't notice right away if the brakes are weak or not (this is the problem on our LC80 now... i think the hydrovac needs to be checked).

FC on the m/t is around 6-7km/l city driving. I rarely check the FC on ours since it's a family car (family heirloom actually) so there are three of us who use it from time to time.

Check also that the mileage is not spun. I see some used LCs on the market with mileages that appear to be dubious. Although i don't mind if it's high mileage, what's important is that you know what needs to be done to ensure the vehicle is properly maintained and those who spin the mileage negate that since you don't know the actual km reading so you'll be forced to do a general service just to be sure (change all fluids, filters, t-belt, water pump, etc.).

We're already planning to have ours restored since the body is in bad shape. Mechanically, it's running great save for the weak brakes, after almost 20 years so it's high time to do a body repair before rust eats it up (we took delivery of our local LC80 in December 1995, brand new).
    Last edited by vinj; December 27th, 2014 at 10:05 PM.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Hello guys.

I just saw an ad of a used 1995 M/T LC80. Mileage is between 130k to 135k kms. The price is about 950k pesos. I am planning to trade-in my CR-V for it. What are the things that I should look out for in purchasing the unit? I got so attracted with it because of the positive reviews here in the forums and the fact that it is easy to maintain despite its size.

Thanks and Merry Christmas everyone.
    Make sure it is a local version not converted
    US version are mostly V8 so keep away from them
    we have a 1992 us ver. and it is truly a gas guzzler
    get the stock one
    If you are eyeing the diesel one
    make sure it is maintained properly
    I see a lot of lc80 belching black smoke
    Pakinggan mo yung engine or gamitan mo ng stethoscope
    check mo yung tire thread
    check mo yung ODO baka tampered
    Test drive the vehicle
    and feel how it drives and check the suspension baka may kalampag
    check the brakes(ours has weak brakes already)
    That suv is a perfecr off-road companion

5. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Paano po malalaman kung converted? Yung nakikita ko kasi ay nasa left ang shifter ng transmission tapos nasa right yung shifter para sa 4WD.
    Check mo speedometer baka Miles per hours

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^ The US versions had a straight six. The V8s only came out in the 100 series.

The 4WD shifter on the m/t versions are on the upper right side of the center and the 5-speed is angled towards the driver.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    ^ The US versions had a straight six. The V8s only came out in the 100 series.

The 4WD shifter on the m/t versions are on the upper right side of the center and the 5-speed is angled towards the driver.
    Sorry mali natype

8. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Thanks for the inputs mga sir pero mukhang papass muna kami sa LC80. Ayaw na ng father namin kumuha ng second hand.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Hi otep could i onow the address of 112lc house and dr g's cannot find it in google only shows qc thank you

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Dr. G. Is in selecta drive q.c. Near a. Bonifacio and araneta avenue. Never been to 112. I transact with 112 via Dr. G's since they are friends.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12