New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

It's a Toyota,- so the brand name will sell the product.... Just wait and see....

5808:bee:
    Unfortunately... go into the Toyota showroom, and all of these cars are hovering around 800,000 pesos (give or take 10-20k):

Corolla 1.6
    Vios 1.5 G
    Avanza 1.5 G
    Innova 2.0 J

People go in... think about it... need more space? Innova. No waiting line.

Need more fuel economy? Luxury? Vios 1.5 G. Good space, great economy, no waiting line. And the new Corolla isn't much bigger on the inside than before... while the Vios is practically Honda City-sized... so the reasons to get a Corolla over the Vios are much less, nowadays.

Need a taxi? Avanza.

Too many products around the Corolla... and that's not even considering the dominant Honda Civic, sitting in the showroom across the street... with the better engine, the more futuristic looks and the numerous awards.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    heheheh, correct, yung margin price na yan andaming pagpipilian, within a manufacturer pa lang dami ng options, medjo mahihirapan talaga yung altis in terms of pulling a prospective buyer nyan....

like me sobrang gusto ko na mag altis noon, then naisip ko hintayin yung 2nd gen, pero na excite na ako gusto ko na bumili ng bagong unit so innova ako, then dumating yung altis na bago, guess what, di ako nagsisi buti di ko na hinintay, hehehe

3. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Yung Top Gear issue comparo puts the new Altis as the least desirable against the Civic and the new Lancer.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Agreed that something is flawed with Toyota's marketing and pricing. Fortuner is cheaper than RAV4. Now wonder RAV4 sales is getting hammered....

5. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    nasasagasaan ng ibang product lines nila ang market ng altis at ng rav4.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Now that you guys mentioned it, I also rarely see the new Rav 4.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Well, the new Rav4 is expensive, considering you can get a bigger and more butch Fortuner for less. To me, the Rav4 isn't the cute ute it was when it was first launched, and while it was in its Gen 2 guise. It's now grown (in size and in price) so much that it stepped into Fortuner territory. Despite being made in Japan vs the Fortuner's Thailand, and perhaps being more advanced, it's still more expensive. Too much more, for most buyers.

As to the Altis, it could be a little too early to tell. Just like the case of the Fortuner, there was more demand than supply. It could be the same way. It's sad that Toyota focused more on the aesthetics though, rather than a new engine for the Vios and Altis. You could've thought that they would do that with the new Camry as the benchmark, but then, they stopped at the Camry.

But a Toyota is a Toyota, so you can expect the Toyota loyalists to eventually flock to showrooms and buy the new Altis. My family included. Hehehe!

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    personally, i hope that toyota does not
    become number 1 in terms of sale of the
    new corolla. i want them to wake up from
    their complacency and stop resting on their
    laurels.

mag-design naman sana sila ng maayos-ayos.
    i don't think i like any car from their current line-up.
    except for the fj cruiser na hindi naman talaga included
    sa local line-up nila at napakamahal pa! at panget din
    sa tingin ng marami. but at least it's not conservative-
    looking.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    haaaay nakuuu mga sir! nagpareseved ako ng 2008 altis last feb. 20 sa toyota shaw. blvd. sabi nila baka daw march 10 marelease na unit ko, ok... natuwa ako siempre, pagdating ng march 10... "sori ma'am wala pa po ung color na gusto nyo" which is medium silver. ok wait na naman ako... puro sila promises pro wala ng maibigay na date. so, nagdecide na ko na magback-out last april 4, tumawag ako sa honda pasig kung meron sila available unit ng civic 2008 siempre, ang dami nila readily units and kumpleto pa sa colors kaya tinawagan ko bangko to inform na maghohonda na lang ako. holiday ng monday april 7, tinamad ako ng tues. april 8,hehe kaya wed. ako nagpunta ng ps bank main office and * the same day after ko mapachange unit sa ps bank and after magsign na naman ng kutakutakot na papers... ayun na! dumiretso na ko sa honda pasig and * very same day narelease civic ko kaya sorry na lang sa toyota, nabadtrip ako talaga! toyota shaw. blvd. & toyota quezon ave. wala kayo kwentang kausap!!! me unit na ko...beeee!!! honda pa. habanero red. hindi lang ako marunong mag-attached ng pix. dito e,hehehe.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mavsn View Post
    haaaay nakuuu mga sir! nagpareseved ako ng 2008 altis last feb. 20 sa toyota shaw. blvd. sabi nila baka daw march 10 marelease na unit ko, ok... natuwa ako siempre, pagdating ng march 10... "sori ma'am wala pa po ung color na gusto nyo" which is medium silver. ok wait na naman ako... puro sila promises pro wala ng maibigay na date. so, nagdecide na ko na magback-out last april 4, tumawag ako sa honda pasig kung meron sila available unit ng civic 2008 siempre, ang dami nila readily units and kumpleto pa sa colors kaya tinawagan ko bangko to inform na maghohonda na lang ako. holiday ng monday april 7, tinamad ako ng tues. april 8,hehe kaya wed. ako nagpunta ng ps bank main office and * the same day after ko mapachange unit sa ps bank and after magsign na naman ng kutakutakot na papers... ayun na! dumiretso na ko sa honda pasig and * very same day narelease civic ko kaya sorry na lang sa toyota, nabadtrip ako talaga! toyota shaw. blvd. & toyota quezon ave. wala kayo kwentang kausap!!! me unit na ko...beeee!!! honda pa. habanero red. hindi lang ako marunong mag-attached ng pix. dito e,hehehe.
    Congrats on your new Honda sir! I'm an Altis owner myself. Now that it's been 2 years (model 2006) yes I feel the boredom already but it's still a VERY reliable car nonetheless. I've never had any problems except for a couple of busted rear-defogger lines. Pero, now that it's 2008, with the 2008 Altis, I'd go for the Civic anytime.

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
What happened to the 2008 Altis?