New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I noticed that I rarely see the 2008 Altis on the road. I see more people buying the high-end Vios which costs almost the same as the Altis. I think the new Altis isn't attractive to the market. What do you guyst think?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    I really don't know what happened to it but it's not selling like it was before. Bad feedback perhaps on the older versions of the Altis?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    JCB, Reason for this is that most of the alstis buyers are still in line waiting for their purchases to come. Yung uncle ko bought his last month pa and sa May pa daw ang dating nung unit niya.

I saw a couple of units last week already. Kaka launch palang naman, wait a couple of months and they'll be like flies..hehe.

Yung vios - altis price comparison. Maybe you are comparing the high end vios with the lowest end altis. That's how it really goes. Even with the highest end city/jazz vs the lowest end civic, halos magpang-abot na ang price.

I have so many bad feedbacks using my altis (02 model) but weird thing is, I love the car and would'nt want to trade it with any other vehicle in its class. Okay naman ang Altis, medyo na highlight lang siguro ang bad feedbacks because its really an over-hyped car. Nothing special. Pero its still reliable like the civics out there. No car is perfect..hehe.
    Last edited by Djerms; April 9th, 2008 at 08:17 AM.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    agree! bagong labas pa lang kasi...but Toyota is Toyota, kahit pangit lumabas na model eh marami pa rin bibili..meron na talagang cult followers...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    No bad experiences for the prev. gen Altis for me (2001 1.6G-spec). But, when you take a long hard look at what you'll be purchasing, you'll find that it's exactly the same car as it was back when the Altis was re-introduced in 2001. The changes have been purely cosmetic. Nevermind if Toyota put in a newer body (like the current gen Vios) over the engine. The 2008 Altis looks like someone was having a slow day at Toyota's design group. That said, if you're a first time buyer, you'll love the reliability and worry-free operation that comes with owning one.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    I still see a bunch of them (with conduction stickers without plates) being driven like crazy en route to their respective dealers on SLEX everyday. I even saw one of the drivers smoking while crawling in traffic . I pity the waiting owners of those cars.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I have so far seen 4 on the road so far. Why the long waiting time?

8. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    i think 1 step behind ang 2008 Altis compared to the civic and lancer ..
    i think in 2008 altis is reliability lang ma-ofer ng altis .. when it comes tonew features and amenities ..

I have many bad feedback for our 2005 Altis ( 1.8 G) but its a good and reliable caar just lik Djerms said ..

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Just what like Djerms said,there is a long line for the 10th Gen Corolla Altis. It's so early to tell coz it's only a month or 2 since it was introduced. It will be like a bee that STINGS.. You will be surprised bigla na lang dadami yan hehe.. In fact, i already saw 1 sa Lipa Batangas, 2 sa cubao and 2 more sa SLEX.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I understand that it is a new model and perhaps it would take some time for the roads to be saturated with them. But when the new Vios was launched it only took around 2 weeks to see a few of them on the road (a week after that I started seeing Taxis LOL). It has already been nearly 2 months and I've only seen 2 new Altis' on the road. The 2008 Accord just came out around 2 weeks ago and I've seen 5 of them already. I was just wondering.

Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast
What happened to the 2008 Altis?