New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    My 2004 Vios 1.5G M/T is already 71k in its odometer...

There is a wierd sound (TOK sound) in front... whenever it accelerates in first and second gear..... medyo irritatin ang kasi dati wala naman...

My uncle said that maybe I need to repack / regrease some rubber in the front suspension.... kasi nabaha daw ako.. Any shops that can do this?

I also bring it to speedyfix and their diagnosis is two engine support (rear and driver side) need to be replaced and cost is 3,600 (2 engine supports plurs labor)...

At that Odometer, is it normal that I need to replace the engine suuports already?

Any shops that you could recommend for another diagnosis?

2. Join Date
    May 2007
    Most likely the problem is your CV boots (check outer and inner boots). Are they split/greasy? Is this noise worse when you are turning slightly? Outer CV joints will be noisier turning than going straight.

Don't accelerate hard as the balls can actually pop out of the joint if worn enough and that'll ruin your day quick. You can buy refurbished drive axles from any good parts store.

Be wary of responses to your question if their response has anything to do with IF IT IS A FRONT WHEEL DRIVE after you stated in your question that the noise is coming from the front.

Your uncle was right. You must repack those front bearing since your car submerge above brake line. Your motor mount still okey.....believe me.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Hi Guys,

Do you know where to buy engine supports for Gen1 Toyota Vios? yung replacement or OEM na mura by any chance? hope you can provide the name of the company and their contact number. thank you.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by brahmabullrj View Post
    Hi Guys,

Do you know where to buy engine supports for Gen1 Toyota Vios? yung replacement or OEM na mura by any chance? hope you can provide the name of the company and their contact number. thank you.
    toyorama in banawe.
    ypu can search their number in google.

5. Join Date
    May 2015
    hehe medyo luma na ito 2008 ngayon 2015 na update ko lang para makatulong sa iba.. meron ako 2005 vios sa qc ngk ako nabili bigyan ka 10% tapos pwede refer ka nila toyota commonwealth may 10% discount din.. toyorama ok kung 15k ignition coil sa casa sa toyorama 13k.. engine support P2222 sa toyota casa less 10% sa qc ngk o baka mas mura pa

6. Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Mga sir san kaya ako makabili ng replacement or surplus na vios batman engine support? OEM lang kasi meron sa toyorama 7k each aray

7. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by gadtechs View Post
    Mga sir san kaya ako makabili ng replacement or surplus na vios batman engine support? OEM lang kasi meron sa toyorama 7k each aray
    canvass ka lang sa banawe. hindi lang toyorama ang nagtitinda ng piyes dun. for sure may replacement nyan. try mo kay multi.

i would stay away from surpus supports

Vios Engine Support