New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2013
    I accidentally put the positive battery cable to the negative and the negative to the positive in my Toyota Vios 1.5G. I changed all busted fuses, but it still won't start. Is it true that the computer box was damaged?

2. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Bro check mo yun positive battery terminal meron parang fuse yan baka naputol.

3. Join Date
    May 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Langabe View Post
    Bro check mo yun positive battery terminal meron parang fuse yan baka naputol.
    Thanks Bro. Tama yon nga ang nasira. I check it it seems ok pero ng diniin ko ng screw ang gitna ng parang fuse nya, ok na sya at umandar. Bili na lamang ako ng bago sa auto supply. Thanks again and to tsikot.com.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Ok bro. Pag wala ka nakuha or sobrang mahal pm mo ko.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Experienced similar problem here. Our landlord helped me jumpstart the dead battery of my VIOS 1.3E (already due for replacement), but I think he made a mistake by putting the positive end on the negative and vice versa. When that happened, there was a spark, and it triggered the car alarm. Our landlord immediately switched the position of the cables. I tried to start the car, the engine ran, but as I tried to drive it, the car stopped running. The car won't start, the lights won't work, no aircon, no auto-lock. So I just decided to buy a new battery and see if it will solve those issues.

After I replaced the battery and waited for about an hour (I was advised to do that to reset system), the car won't still start. I asked around and people said the computer box is broken.

Is it true? Or is there any possibility that the issue was caused by other things? I really need help because I found out that a new computer box is very expensive.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by dxpedz View Post
    Experienced similar problem here. Our landlord helped me jumpstart the dead battery of my VIOS 1.3E (already due for replacement), but I think he made a mistake by putting the positive end on the negative and vice versa. When that happened, there was a spark, and it triggered the car alarm. Our landlord immediately switched the position of the cables. I tried to start the car, the engine ran, but as I tried to drive it, the car stopped running. The car won't start, the lights won't work, no aircon, no auto-lock. So I just decided to buy a new battery and see if it will solve those issues.

After I replaced the battery and waited for about an hour (I was advised to do that to reset system), the car won't still start. I asked around and people said the computer box is broken.

Is it true? Or is there any possibility that the issue was caused by other things? I really need help because I found out that a new computer box is very expensive.
    i am no expert but since you posted in the same thread, have you ever tried to check the fuses mentioned above?

7. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    nang yari din po sa amin yan, fuse lng pinalitan.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by dxpedz View Post

Iba naman nang yari sa amin, may tumirik na taxi car sa harapan namin, d ma start ng driver ksi due for replacement na baterry nyla. tinanggal ku baterry ku at nilipat nmin sa car nya para umandar. ok na car nya na umaandar. cya nagbalik ng baterry ku sa car ku, said his thank you and went off.
    In few minutes ng paandarin ku na car nmin, ayaw umaandar not until napalitan na yung fuse ksi napagbaliktad pla nya paglagay ng baterry. buti mura lng fuse hehehe!