New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by burjegol View Post
    Sir, the TS is asking for suggestions to get the best bang for his hard earned bucks.
    I just suggested to consider the avanza as per experience of others, the 1.3J delivers (mine is 1.5G auto).
    The TS isn't asking for looks or "porma". He is asking for utility at an affordable price. Now isa na dito is the avanza.It is a very versatile utility vehicle.
    What I do not understand is the attitude na pag gina-gawang taxi, thumbs down na agad. It is to the advantage of the owner pag ginagawang taxi ang modelo ng sasakyan niya for the reason that dadami ang spare parts.
    So, roll eyes din kaya pag nakita na MB 500 SE ginagawang taxi o kaya yung BMW or the Corolla Crown/Camry? Just a thought

I said that the vios j looks better than the taxi model of the avanza ? here's few of the reasons why ...

1. Only available in white color
    2. Does not have any power features
    3. Does not have wheel covers ( steel rims, exposed )

Never did I say that the Avanza looked ugly because it was used as a taxi. Heck, the Vios J that I was recommending is also being used as one.

Though the TS did not include porma in his list, of course every car owner would give a look on the cars exterior appearance too. Though this is not at the top of his preferences, there will be a time that this will matter to him. Maybe not now, but soon enough ...

And no, it doesn't mean that once a vehicle becomes a taxi its spare parts are readily available already. The chevy aveo is used as one and yet looking for spare parts outside casa is still a challenge.

Versatility, how ? The Avanza taxi-model seats 5. There's a luggage space, yes ... but I'd highly doubt that the TS would fill those up often. In case he needs some space for his luggage, the vios has a trunk. And it's quite big, too.

One more thing, the avanza has higher ground clearance and narrow stock tires making it more prone in rolling over if ever the TS accidentally turns the steering wheel during high speeds. Yes, I know it's a stupid thing to do but then again ... emphasis on the word " accidentally "

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Basta sakin one reason why Vios J > Avanza J. Vios, global model.... Avanza 3rd world model! For safety conscious person like me it matters...

3. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    1. Only available in white color... don't get the avanza taxi...get the avanza j 7 seater.

2. Does not have any power features. (true same with vios J)
    3. Does not have wheel covers ( steel rims, exposed ) not exposed if you decide to buy the 7 seater.

put some accessories para di mag mukhang taxi

4. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by kristine123 View Post
    1. Only available in white color... don't get the avanza taxi...get the avanza j 7 seater.

3. Does not have wheel covers ( steel rims, exposed ) not exposed if you decide to buy the 7 seater.

as far as the avanza is concerned:
    for number:
    1. for five seater , white lang ang available. for the seven seater, may different colors to choose from.
    2. actually the vios now have power windows and locks. power steering lang meron ang avanza
    3. wheel covers apply only to the seven seater.

pero if you don't want the avanza to be plain looking, change rims and add some accessories para magandang tingnan.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by kristine123 View Post

But with the budget of the TS, assuming that he doesn't know that the Fiesta is priced at sub-800k, I guess it's only limited to under 600k. And the 7-seater avanza doesn't fit within the budget.

And unless he needs the extra 2 spaces, I guess it's pointless to buy a 7-seater. I myself prefer a sedan. Easier to park, maneuver and I feel safer since the distance of the body to the ground is lesser, thus more stable.

It's purely my opinion though.
    Last call will still be on the TS.

And if the TS prefers dressing up vehicles, the vios is easier to modify.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Alam ko all-power na yung Vios 1.3J ngayon, except for the side mirrors.

Kung ako, Vios J.

Kung kailangan ng 7 seater, stretch the budget for an Innova J. At least bigger, hindi pilit na 7 seater.

Kung used Honda Civic naman, 600K is enough to buy a 2006 Civic FD 1.8S. Mileage is approximately 40,000 to 60,000 kilometers.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post
    Alam ko all-power na yung Vios 1.3J ngayon, except for the side mirrors.

Kung ako, Vios J.
    Diba, mas bang for the buck. More features at a lesser/same price.

Kung kailangan ng 7 seater, stretch the budget for an Innova J. At least bigger, hindi pilit na 7 seater.

Oo kasi mawawalan na din ng space for luggage. Another gastos nanaman for the roof rack. Tapos cramped pa.

Kung used Honda Civic naman, 600K is enough to buy a 2006 Civic FD 1.8S. Mileage is approximately 40,000 to 60,000 kilometers.
    [SIZE=1]Mura na pala pag binenta 'tong FD namin ... [/SIZE]

8. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    2007 naman yan FD niyo eh.. Tsaka wala pa naman ata nakikitang kapalit :naughty2:

9. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Thanks to all who replied sa thread. It took time bago ako nakapag-net hehe. di na nakareply sa lahat, anyway, before I tried to consider Avanza pero naisip ko na Vios na lang kasi mas may appeal sakin Vios.

how about mazda2 sir?

10. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Forget about Mazda 2. I find the Fiesta more appealing.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Vios 1.3J or ???