New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Hi mga sir, we'r planning to buy this month our 1st car. Unang option pa din sana ang vios na 1.3J pero how bout other alternatives like ford fiesta, lancer glx, mazda2 or even 2nd hand na civic? What are the pros and cons again sa Vios? We have a ready budget and we just can't decide kung san kami makakasulit sa hard-earned na pera namin. Tulong naman dyan. Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    just a short specs of the vios:
    pros: fuel efficient engine, power windows and locks, good resale value, reliable, costs 599K plus discounts
    cons: common already, steel rims with cap.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Get the Vios 1.3E AT

Best bang for the buck, in my honest opinion.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ric05 View Post
    Hi mga sir, we'r planning to buy this month our 1st car. Unang option pa din sana ang vios na 1.3J pero how bout other alternatives like ford fiesta, lancer glx, mazda2 or even 2nd hand na civic? What are the pros and cons again sa Vios? We have a ready budget and we just can't decide kung san kami makakasulit sa hard-earned na pera namin. Tulong naman dyan. Thanks!
    Have you given the avanza a second thought?

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Forget the 2nd hand civic, not worth the hassle.

IMO, the 1.3J is just enough to get you from point a to point b. Actually, the power windows is already a good plus. And looks arent that bad either, except obviously the black trims on the doors, the lacking chrome bits and the alloy rims. But that isn't hard to replace, thing is ... if you want to save money the 1.3J is just alright.

I don't know what your working budget is since it's like you're considering the fiesta which is on the sub-800k grounds already compared to the 1.3J which is just 595k if im not mistaken.

Forget the Lancer GLX. Plastics aren't that solid, looks are old, FC is quite bad.

Depends really on your preferences.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    try avanza J pwedeng maraming karga, you can use it anywhere... unlike vios J max of 5 person only.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by burjegol View Post
    Have you given the avanza a second thought?
    oo nga pala...you may consider the avanza.

pero it's your call.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    No offense but the Vios J does look better than the taxi model of the Avanza.

And, if the TS wont haul that much ... I guess his original choice would already suffice.

But then again, it's his call.

9. Join Date
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by myas110 View Post
    oo nga pala...you may consider the avanza.

pero it's your call.
    City Drving = Vios
    Highway Driving = Avanza\

For the money, you can also get a 9th Generation Corolla Altis... fully loaded, more power, plus there are tons of them in the used car market

10. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    No offense but the Vios J does look better than the taxi model of the Avanza.

And, if the TS wont haul that much ... I guess his original choice would already suffice.

But then again, it's his call.
    Sir, the TS is asking for suggestions to get the best bang for his hard earned bucks.
    I just suggested to consider the avanza as per experience of others, the 1.3J delivers (mine is 1.5G auto).
    The TS isn't asking for looks or "porma". He is asking for utility at an affordable price. Now isa na dito is the avanza.It is a very versatile utility vehicle.
    What I do not understand is the attitude na pag gina-gawang taxi, thumbs down na agad. It is to the advantage of the owner pag ginagawang taxi ang modelo ng sasakyan niya for the reason that dadami ang spare parts.
    So, roll eyes din kaya pag nakita na MB 500 SE ginagawang taxi o kaya yung BMW or the Corolla Crown/Camry? Just a thought

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Vios 1.3J or ???