1. Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by LOLZ View Post
    or ung v6 from the aus hiace heheh
    puede hahahah tapos 6 speed manual na rin

The ultimate sleeper MPV, Innova GR.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    A sleeper Innova? Put the 3.5L V6 engine of the IS350 on it. Everyone loves a high-revving 300hp+ V6 NA engine. Hehehehe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    A sleeper Innova? Put the 3.5L V6 engine of the IS350 on it. Everyone loves a high-revving 300hp+ V6 NA engine. Hehehehe

That's a good entry level engine for Innova GR.

This will do it:

The V6 twin turbo from the Lexus LS500

416hp Innova GR.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2013

You mean like an Alphard?

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by hardwang View Post
    You mean like an Alphard?
    The Alphard is much bigger than an Innova so it needs that bigger engine.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    The Alphard is much bigger than an Innova so it needs that bigger engine.

The Alphard’s really not that big compared to an Innova. Just marginally longer, around more than 200mm I think, and its barely wider than an Innova.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    100 kg lang weight difference ng Alphard and Innova. So yes if you want to know what a 3.5 V6 Innova feels like, drive an Alphard.

Biggest advantage of the Alphard though is the lower center of gravity so more comfortable and better handling.

Spoiler: 3.5 V6 paired with 1900 kg doesn't feel as fast as the horsepower figures suggest. When I drove the RX350 before, was surprised that the uphill slopes in Tagaytay Highlands weren't a piece of cake anymore just because there were 4 on board. Iba pa rin low end torque ng diesel.

Highway driving is a different story though. A V6 overtakes with ease with a linear powerband.

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jut703; February 1st, 2021 at 02:24 AM.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    100 kg lang weight difference ng Alphard and Innova. So yes if you want to know what a 3.5 V6 Innova feels like, drive an Alphard.

Biggest advantage of the Alphard though is the lower center of gravity so more comfortable and better handling.

Spoiler: 3.5 V6 paired with 1900 kg doesn't feel as fast as the horsepower figures suggest. When I drove the RX350 before, was surprised that the uphill slopes in Tagaytay Highlands weren't a piece of cake anymore just because there were 4 on board. Iba pa rin low end torque ng diesel.

Highway driving is a different story though. A V6 overtakes with ease with a linear powerband.

Might be because of the altitude too. Non turbocharged cars perform worse in high altitudes than those with turbo.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post

that's because turbocharged diesels and some turbo / supercharged gasoline engines reaches their peak torque on an early rpms. HP figures on N/A engines only being felt on straight roads like highways reaching certain speeds. again ibang iba parin ang driving feel at hatak ng turbo diesel.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by thearsenal1205 View Post
    that's because turbocharged diesels and some turbo / supercharged gasoline engines reaches their peak torque on an early rpms. HP figures on N/A engines only being felt on straight roads like highways reaching certain speeds. again ibang iba parin ang driving feel at hatak ng turbo diesel.
    Turbo gas is much better to drive. Even the cars with small displacement turbo gas engines are better in terms of acceleration against the usual crop of PPVs, pickups, and MPVs.

Except the Euro turbo diesels, they are more refined and better in driving feel.

If you want to make the most of NA gas engines, rev them higher.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast