New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    i don't know if any of you guys noticed an additional vehicle in Toyota's lineup in their website:

http://www.toyota.com.ph/cars/new_cars/index.asp

merong Toyota Zelas sa dulo, but no specs yet... only the engine is given which is a 2AR-FE (180HP 2.5L dual VVT-i according to US specs), and size of 4425mm (i guess it's its overall length)... haven't talk to any SA of any Toyota dealers yet... pahiwatig ba to that this one will be released soon in our local market?

2. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    I guess I have just seen one this morning along Ortigas Ave in Meralco. Parang last year pa sya kasi N ang start ng plate number nya. Gold/Brown is the color.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    na release na daw sa china.. from google..

[SIZE=2]"The model is powered by the same 2.5-liter 180 hp four cylinder engine. Pricing details have not been revealed yet but it’s likely to be priced lower than $25,000 (around CNY170,000). The car has the appearance of a 90s coupe, with its short stance and rakish front end.[/SIZE]

It features 17-inch five spoke alloywheels, with an optional bodykit offered for those who prefer a more aftermarket feel. It is equipped with gadgets including standard Bluetooth, an eight-speaker stereo, paddles for the automatic, retractable mirrors, push-button start and parking sensors – clearly aimed to appeal to the younger generation.

Safety features are expected to be the same as those of the tC Coupe this model is based on, including ABS, VSC, traction control, EBD and BA. Standard equipment includes active front-headrests and eight airbags as well as both driver and front-passenger knee airbags. The vehicle has a button that enables the driver to turn off the VSC and/or the TRAC features. Added safety features include a tire pressure monitoring system and newly adopted active front headrests.

Toyota Zelas (a.k.a. Scion tC) to be available locally??