New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    is this car selling? or do you think it will it have the same fate as the echo. based on my own observation since this car was launched which was about a month or two, i have seen only one so far. i saw this car in one of the dealers and it looks good IMO. dont know why toyota is having difficulty in selling hatchbacks unlike honda.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    My personal observation on this is that it's still expensive for the price and class it is in at 700+K a pop. This will already get you an Altis J (at a lesser price) or add a bit and you have a Civic 1.8V. It's smaller and not as space-efficient as the Jazz; the Jazz sold as they were able to price it a little more competively at it's class and it had a 1.3L engine.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    ^ i agree! and its so bitchy! i dunno if its bec im not a good driver yet.. we just had it for 2months now and lately you need to press the clutch so hard before you can start the engine. but looking on the bright side... she's so light and easy to handle. :drive1:

4. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    The Echo and Yaris are the same vehicles. When TMPI released it before, they called in Echo but called the Yaris in other markets at that time. Now, they decided to use the Yaris brand here.

IMO, the Yaris is simply the Vios hatch. I maybe wrong but that's how I see it. Similar to Honda's City/Jazz.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    It's small enough to be overwhelmed by the Honda, Hyundai and other Japanese supermini counterparts, but expensive enough to be a turn off.

I too don't see a lot of it here in the US where the price of premium has reached $3.50/gallon! Buti na lang diesel ako at $3.09/gallon...

6. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    sa totoo lang...i fell inlove with this car per se...shempre wala naman akong alam sa mga technical aspects dahil babae ako...kaso pang-single lang ang otong ito..pang-gimik...not really suited for my needs as a mom with 2 huge boys to ferry...kako pag graduate nako of ferrying my kids..i'd buy something like this for myself...

7. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by russpogi View Post
    IMO, the Yaris is simply the Vios hatch. I maybe wrong but that's how I see it. Similar to Honda's City/Jazz.

afaik, magkaiba ung chassis origins nila; the vios is based on the soluna, ung yaris galing sa echo. but practically the same siguro spacewise.

it's not gonna corner the subcompact market anytime soon, this is more of the enthusiast's hatchback rather than pang masa(like the swift). over 700k for a hatchback? not exactly cheap.

*sir glonyx: i think you can have the casa adjust the clutch for you...or wait til time and use wears it down B)

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i think
    Vios has same the same engine and chassis with the ECho

The yaris now has same engine with vios and the echo verso I dunno about the chassis

1NZ-FE which won awards i believe.

Its practically the same care in a different shell.

I think jazz is better in terms of space.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    why is this car so expensive when its too small?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mike01 View Post
    why is this car so expensive when its too small?
    Because its Toyota

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
toyota yaris