New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Asus700 View Post
    13.5 lang on highway? malakas yan. I was registering 19 to 21 kms/lit on highway cruisng at 80 to 90 km/hr on nlex. 1.6 E naman yung sa akin.

sa city driving, makati mandaluyong, nasa 8 to 9 kms/lit.
    I'm planning to do an eco run test in my Altis pag biyahe ko ulit papuntang Nueva Vizcaya. I never got above 14.5km/l pero hataw nman kasi ginagawa ko. On my next trip i'll try to keep it under 90, 80kph at most and see kung gaano talaga katipid.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Picard View Post
    I'm planning to do an eco run test in my Altis pag biyahe ko ulit papuntang Nueva Vizcaya. I never got above 14.5km/l pero hataw nman kasi ginagawa ko. On my next trip i'll try to keep it under 90, 80kph at most and see kung gaano talaga katipid.
    buti pa kayo. yung 2.7vvti fort ko 7.5 km/liter (75%hway).

3. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    Buti ka pa. Mine averages at 7.3 km/liter. 80% traffic and 20% hiway in a daily basis.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda View Post
    Yung Rav4 & Camry (and most Lexus vehicles) naka Denso Iridiums (OE) na... according to the manual it is good for 100K km... according to the manual in the US and the Denso Iridium website it is good up to 120K miles (that is 192K km). Several Rav4 owners abroad have reported of the minimal wear & tear of their iridiums ever after logging between 60-135K miles on their vehicles.
    Sir mazdamazda, interesting, hindi ko alam na OE pala ang Denso Iridiums, hindi ko pa kasi nababasa sa owner's manual o kung naka specify man dun. I also have a 2.4 vvti engine.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    Yup. Porma, power, torque, luxury..all with the expense of fuel consumption. Is that your consumption in provincial highway driving?

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Bka naman sobrang bilis nyo mag-drive. hehehe

7. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Frankly, its just a waste of money, I tried the iridiums before and ganun parin fuel consumption and hatak, although feel ko lumkas acceleration dahil gumaan wallet ko sa presyo hehehehhe

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    So putting expensive Spark plugs like Iridium is no use? What is really the benefit of using those costly Spark plugs?

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by uwak18 View Post
    So putting expensive Spark plugs like Iridium is no use? What is really the benefit of using those costly Spark plugs?
    It allows you to use the spark plugs for a longer period of time and miles/kilometer without changing it. If one set last 100K miles as opposed to 50K that's one less expense you will have to pay when you get the vehicle serviced.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by bratski View Post
    Frankly, its just a waste of money, I tried the iridiums before and ganun parin fuel consumption and hatak, although feel ko lumkas acceleration dahil gumaan wallet ko sa presyo hehehehhe
    Quote Originally Posted by uwak18
    If you read my earlier post, the stock / OE sparkplugs for the Rav4 & Camry (2.0L & 2.4L Z-series engines) are already long-life iridiums. Their engines are already optimized to run on iridium spark plugs unlike other engines out there.

Long-life iridium sparkplugs does not need gap adjustment or accumulate carbon build-up even after years of use.
    Last edited by mazdamazda; February 2nd, 2007 at 10:29 AM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Toyota VVTI engines