New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    peeps, started a new thread for us vvti owners. balak ko sana upgrade yung stock denso spark plug ko to the much expensive denso spark plug (much thinner carbon tip) for my 2.7 vvti fort. php 600/pc and every 6 months daw ang palit. nakita ko yung comparison sa demo nila, mas steady nga ang electricity ng thinner carbon tip. mas maganda daw ang combustion kaya titipid daw ang gas consumption. worth it ba?

2. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Not sure about the 6 months replacement cycle, I would always believe that it can always be more than (beyond 6 months) that...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hindi ba Denso Iridiums ang stock sparkplugs ng Fortuner VVTi?

Yung Rav4 & Camry (and most Lexus vehicles) naka Denso Iridiums (OE) na... according to the manual it is good for 100K km... according to the manual in the US and the Denso Iridium website it is good up to 120K miles (that is 192K km). Several Rav4 owners abroad have reported of the minimal wear & tear of their iridiums ever after logging between 60-135K miles on their vehicles.

Btw, stick to the OE spark plugs on your vehicle... spark plug upgrades are a costly hit-and-miss experiment.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    my car is an altis 1.6J. any body there who could share their fuel consumption in terms of km/lit both under city driving and highway driving. i bought mine last dec. 2005. so far my best effeciency record is 13. 5 km/lit on highway driving. I wonder how my car would compare with other altis cars with the same engine.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jobili View Post
    my car is an altis 1.6J. any body there who could share their fuel consumption in terms of km/lit both under city driving and highway driving. i bought mine last dec. 2005. so far my best effeciency record is 13. 5 km/lit on highway driving. I wonder how my car would compare with other altis cars with the same engine.
    I have the 1.6E Altis (2006) here's my consumption:

All-city (heavy traffic + short distance travel) = 7-8 km/l
    Mixed City and Highway = 10km/l
    All highway = 14.5 km/l
    14.5km/l so far is the best I've got with speeds 80-120kph
    I did only 13.5km/l when I drove 150kph sa NLEX.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    I was once attracted to using Iridum plugs since the ads were boasting about fuel efficiency but according to reviews I've read wala nman daw difference sa performance AND fuel efficiency. The only advantage of using these plugs is its durability.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Uber expensive plugs are practically useless on stock vehicles. Talo ka pa sa cost. Stick to OEM.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda View Post
    Hindi ba Denso Iridiums ang stock sparkplugs ng Fortuner VVTi?

Yung Rav4 & Camry (and most Lexus vehicles) naka Denso Iridiums (OE) na... according to the manual it is good for 100K km... according to the manual in the US and the Denso Iridium website it is good up to 120K miles (that is 192K km). Several Rav4 owners abroad have reported of the minimal wear & tear of their iridiums ever after logging between 60-135K miles on their vehicles.

Btw, stick to the OE spark plugs on your vehicle... spark plug upgrades are a costly hit-and-miss experiment.
    ok. baka minimal nga lang ang difference kasi 30k kms pa lang vehicle ko. siguro pag more than 100k kms try ko na lang. dun na kasi lumalabas ang mga problema.

may nag-try na ba sa inyo mag-khaos sa vvti engines nyo? thanks.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    unless u can accumulate at least 100,000km plus in 6 months, nde ganon kadalas palitan ang iridium or platinum... stick nalang po sa regular plugs(my 2 centavos)

10. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jobili View Post
    13.5 lang on highway? malakas yan. I was registering 19 to 21 kms/lit on highway cruisng at 80 to 90 km/hr on nlex. 1.6 E naman yung sa akin.

sa city driving, makati mandaluyong, nasa 8 to 9 kms/lit.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Toyota VVTI engines