New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by XTO View Post
    I think kung nasa 4.300K-5000K lang ang stock HID nito tolerable naman para lang naka over 100W na halogens. proper aiming lang siguro gagawin ng toyota.

Pansin ko rin mga FDs with stock HID di sobra ang glare - para tuloy h4 superwhite lang. I salute Honda for this.
    Same case with the older Altis, whose later 1.8Gs were equipped with 4300K HID kits. Volvo XC90s and new Honda Accords as well.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    a tolerable glare on city lights will be untolerable on dark provincial roads where the light sources are only from vehicles. our eyes adjust amount of recieving light. in dark sorrounding, it opens wider. kaya bawal nga manood ng tv na walang surrounding lights...

a car that has both low and hi beams in one lamp is still dangerous. if you are serious not to offend motorist. install a projector like this vios:

Last edited by rion; August 14th, 2008 at 02:32 PM.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    HIDs on a stock Vios? Our test-drive of the Vios last year was of a 1.5 kitted out with most of the features of the XX... the same mags... the HIDs.... you could count the leaves in the trees above you with those HIDs on... terrible reflector-bulb combo... and the 17" mags make an absolute mess of the handling if you don't change the springs... very unsettled and unsure handling... grip... slide... grip... slide... the rear beam axle of the Vios is not an issue with stock tires, since it'll simply understeer... but with larger tires and wheels, there's not enough suspension stiffness and roll-stiffness to take advantage of the extra rubber.

Oh, and it makes it slower, too... about an additiona 1.5 seconds from 0-100 km/h. Only good thing I can say about those mags is they don't make the ride worse.

Get the G. Enjoy the discount. Buy an i-Pod jack. Or get the XX. Sell the rims and HIDs, and enjoy the i-Pod jack and bodykit.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    HIDs on a stock Vios? Our test-drive of the Vios last year was of a 1.5 kitted out with most of the features of the XX... the same mags... the HIDs.... you could count the leaves in the trees above you with those HIDs on... terrible reflector-bulb combo... and the 17" mags make an absolute mess of the handling if you don't change the springs... very unsettled and unsure handling... grip... slide... grip... slide... the rear beam axle of the Vios is not an issue with stock tires, since it'll simply understeer... but with larger tires and wheels, there's not enough suspension stiffness and roll-stiffness to take advantage of the extra rubber.

Oh, and it makes it slower, too... about an additiona 1.5 seconds from 0-100 km/h. Only good thing I can say about those mags is they don't make the ride worse.

Get the G. Enjoy the discount. Buy an i-Pod jack. Or get the XX. Sell the rims and HIDs, and enjoy the i-Pod jack and bodykit.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mataraki View Post
    im planning to get the red one for wifey. sinong meron na? maganda ba? i saw it already in the showroom. i was disappointed with the i pod dock. masyado barbaric ang dating. hehe.
    ako meron na medium silver na XX, so far ok naman yung looks niya. ang problem lang yung ipod dock because ang ikli ng cable hindi pwede lagay sa ipod holder sa windshield.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    pics naman nung controversial HID at nung Vios mismo. thanks

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Commander's dad just took delivery of a silver XX - then he lent it to me!

First thing we took care of were the tinny sounding horn. Went straight to Glenn's shop in Kamias for a set of Bosch FC2 horns. Replacing the horn was quite a task as we had to take down the whole front bumper. But there are already existing holes in the front crash structure to hold the new horns. Wiring was painless enough needing only one direct line to the battery and a few ground wires. We protected it with an inline fuse. The stock horn was retained in its stock position with the harness disconnected.

The car drives well enough for me. Though I think the 17" tires are a bit of an overkill. The vehicle had seamless 3M tint all around but the mattings were cheesy universal type imitation 3M's.

It's a nice enough car for those who want a day in and day out car but the non-XX 1.5G is a more practical choice for those who don't really care about the frills. After all, years down the road, the smaller tires and more common halogen headlamps will be cheaper to replace.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Commander's dad just took delivery of a silver XX - then he lent it to me!

First thing we took care of were the tinny sounding horn. Went straight to Glenn's shop in Kamias for a set of Bosch FC2 horns. Replacing the horn was quite a task as we had to take down the whole front bumper. But there are already existing holes in the front crash structure to hold the new horns. Wiring was painless enough needing only one direct line to the battery and a few ground wires. We protected it with an inline fuse. The stock horn was retained in its stock position with the harness disconnected.

The car drives well enough for me. Though I think the 17" tires are a bit of an overkill. The vehicle had seamless 3M tint all around but the mattings were cheesy universal type imitation 3M's.

It's a nice enough car for those who want a day in and day out car but the non-XX 1.5G is a more practical choice for those who don't really care about the frills. After all, years down the road, the smaller tires and more common halogen headlamps will be cheaper to replace.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    May promo pa rin ba hanggang ngayon ang 1.5G MT?

10. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by IMm29 View Post
    It's not that hard to copy it, but it'll cost you more than the P20K Toyota is charging for the add-ons. Good deal na din, pero it's not really a "Limited Edition". Hehe!
    i agree. i mean i've seen one in alabang & you really wouldn't know if it was the limited edition if you weren't in the know because it seems like some other vios owner/s have done those mods way before they released the XX. one thing going for the car though is the strikingly beautiful shade of red toyota released...ang ganda

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Toyota Vios XX Limited Edition