New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: What's the variant of your Vios?

Voters
599. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1.3J

86 14.36%
  • 1.3E

279 46.58%
  • 1.3G

56 9.35%
  • 1.5G

117 19.53%
  • 1.5 XX

4 0.67%
  • 1.5S

2 0.33%
  • 1.5SE

5 0.83%
  • I don't own a VIOS.

50 8.35%
Page 1149 of 1155 FirstFirst ... 104910991139114511461147114811491150115111521153 ... LastLast
Results 11,481 to 11,490 of 11542
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by BratPAQ View Post
    I'm tempted to bring my vios sa rapide because of the abs lighting on the dashboard, may malapit kasi na rapide sa amin. But I'm aware of the rapide horror thread here in tsikot years ago. Pero for some years I haven't seen that thread surfaced so iniisip ko baka OK na sila. But I think I can still ignore that abs light kaysa mag try sa rapide.

Sent from my EB2103 using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    i also had rant against rapide, back when it was still new.
    i decided to drive away and not accede to their designs.

but i haven't heard of any rant against rapide recently, either.

i wonder,
    would specialized equipment, i.e., computers, be necessary?

2. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i also had rant against rapide, back when it was still new.
    i decided to drive away and not accede to their designs.

but i haven't heard of any rant against rapide recently, either.

i wonder,
    would specialized equipment, i.e., computers, be necessary?
    For the abs light? I think yes. Yung tumingin sabi pa scan daw and he will then see if he can do something. According to Google kailangan ng OBDII scanner.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    For the abs light? I think yes. Yung tumingin sabi pa scan daw and he will then see if he can do something. According to Google kailangan ng OBDII scanner.

my concern is this:
    is it wise to have the car scanned somewhere, then have a mechanic from elsewhere else fix it, then bring it back to the scanner and have it re-scanned to see if it's still there?

4. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    So I got the car back from Rapide yesterday, satisfied na man ako sa frontliners nila. Very courteous and don't sound like they'd want you to give into fixing something outside your problem. I did not tell them about the kalampag behind/near the firewall but when they test drove after clutch was replaced, they politely called and asked if I wanted it done also saying it was the rear engine mount and I can source my own parts as well. Told them to go ahead and get the part themselves instead.

I had all 3 supports replaced before so I had the old pricing as well as labor charges as reference. So overall, I think their rates are average for a shop that's properly equipped.

The branch here near my place has got good ratings in google as well for the past 2 years. So I think they're OK now? Like you guys, I also read a lot of issues with Rapide (highway robbery?) heheh. But at the time, wla pang branch dito samin nun.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    my concern is this:
    is it wise to have the car scanned somewhere, then have a mechanic from elsewhere else fix it, then bring it back to the scanner and have it re-scanned to see if it's still there?
    Re OBD II scanner, I had one installed on both our cars permanently. The Vios had it since 2017 I think. While the Innova had it since 2019.

The one in the Vios has helped me diagnose at least 2 check engine indications on different occasions. The scanner pointed to an issue with the MAF sensor, while the other was IAC valve. The MAF sensor I cleaned it myself with the proper cleaner. The IAC valve I asked my cousin to do it :D

Similar to what I got. Screen-grabbed lng but same model P10
    untitled.jpg

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by blank check View Post
    So I got the car back from Rapide yesterday, satisfied na man ako sa frontliners nila. Very courteous and don't sound like they'd want you to give into fixing something outside your problem. I did not tell them about the kalampag behind/near the firewall but when they test drove after clutch was replaced, they politely called and asked if I wanted it done also saying it was the rear engine mount and I can source my own parts as well. Told them to go ahead and get the part themselves instead.

I had all 3 supports replaced before so I had the old pricing as well as labor charges as reference. So overall, I think their rates are average for a shop that's properly equipped.

The branch here near my place has got good ratings in google as well for the past 2 years. So I think they're OK now? Like you guys, I also read a lot of issues with Rapide (highway robbery?) heheh. But at the time, wla pang branch dito samin nun.
    hey, that's great!
    which branch is this, sir?
    let's give them their due.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    my concern is this:
    I was assuming pag nagawa yung reason bakit may ABS warning eh mawawala yung warning. Although Google told me there's a procedure to reset the warning. Maybe it will be more easier nga to let rapide do everything.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

8. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by blank check View Post
    Re OBD II scanner, I had one installed on both our cars permanently. The Vios had it since 2017 I think. While the Innova had it since 2019.

The one in the Vios has helped me diagnose at least 2 check engine indications on different occasions. The scanner pointed to an issue with the MAF sensor, while the other was IAC valve. The MAF sensor I cleaned it myself with the proper cleaner. The IAC valve I asked my cousin to do it :D

Similar to what I got. Screen-grabbed lng but same model P10
    untitled.jpg
    Sometimes I wish I have some background on mechanical or electronic engineer to be able to do this. Hindi eh, pag alis at pag kabit lang ng seat cover eh pinagagawa ko pa sa iba kasi pag ako nag kabit half day and a lot of sweat. [emoji23]

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    I was assuming pag nagawa yung reason bakit may ABS warning eh mawawala yung warning. Although Google told me there's a procedure to reset the warning. Maybe it will be more easier nga to let rapide do everything.

i had similar problem with my innova's engine oil filter water warning light.
    i went thru the procedure, as per the howner's manual.
    the light did not go away.
    in disgust, i replaced the entire filter housing. the assembly was cheaper, back then.
    hayun! nawala ang warning light.

some years later,
    someone here narrated how to re-set the computer in so many easy steps...
    why the manufacturer failed to include this in the manual, i do not know.

highs.
    Last edited by dr. d; February 12th, 2022 at 12:37 PM.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Sometimes I wish I have some background on mechanical or electronic engineer to be able to do this. Hindi eh, pag alis at pag kabit lang ng seat cover eh pinagagawa ko pa sa iba kasi pag ako nag kabit half day and a lot of sweat. [emoji23]

many years ago, when we could still fit under the car,
    it was already taking me over two hours, to remove the steering shackles of our VW, to utter failure.
    i gave up and drove the car to the nearby VW talyers.
    the guy there did it and effected replacement/repair, all in 15 minutes.
    i was only sooo happy to pay him.

Toyota Vios Owners & Discussions Thread