New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 93 of 145 FirstFirst ... 4383899091929394959697103143 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    at the start of this revo thread, in #8, way back in 2005, revogsx gave his spiel on revo fuel (in)efficiency figures.
    i still review it from time to time, to remind me why i don't want a gasoline revo.
    You're right dr.d, the gas Revo is ridiculously inefficient! . Anyways, I still hope on owning a diesel, but given my budget and financial capacity, to begin with , I would end up to those ASBU magnet machines such as the crosswind and adventure. If ever I have to own one (diesel), at least it would be an Innova. For now, I guess I just have to stick with the Revo

2. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Hmmm 3.5-6 city... That's similar to what our 2.3L Tribute gets. Revo diesel above 9? Perhaps, but not in pure city driving.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    Sir GTi, given that your Revo is a Diesel (no offense here Sir) is it not an ASBU magnet? I actually drove a diesel Revo before (from one of my agencies) but its quite smokey, plus it frequently gets overheated specially during traffic. The company who owns it have done the overhaul and change engine (yes, twice the engine work already) but still suffered the same fate. Though this could be because of poor maintenance as it was owned and operated by their company (agency). They also own a gas Revo, but there were no concerns with the engine, the only and same same gripe was that of the fuel consumption.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jvnj View Post
    Sir GTi, given that your Revo is a Diesel (no offense here Sir) is it not an ASBU magnet? I actually drove a diesel Revo before (from one of my agencies) but its quite smokey, plus it frequently gets overheated specially during traffic. The company who owns it have done the overhaul and change engine (yes, twice the engine work already) but still suffered the same fate. Though this could be because of poor maintenance as it was owned and operated by their company (agency). They also own a gas Revo, but there were no concerns with the engine, the only and same same gripe was that of the fuel consumption.
    Well I've never been apprehended for smoke belching before. I've had the injection pump recalibrated once and it never became smoky again. Yes, I've had problems with overheating. If you read my previous posts in this thread you'll see my struggles. Come to think of it, most of the Revo's service history is actually recorded in this thread.[emoji1] Right now I seem to have solved all the problems already though.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Well I've never been apprehended for smoke belching before. I've had the injection pump recalibrated once and it never became smoky again. Yes, I've had problems with overheating. If you read my previous posts in this thread you'll see my struggles. Come to think of it, most of the Revo's service history is actually recorded in this thread.[emoji1] Right now I seem to have solved all the problems already though.

Ah yes Sir GTi, I believe this goes to show that it really depends on how you maintain the car, be it diesel or Gas. Great to hear your Revo runs perfectly now. BTW, where did you had you calibration, if I may ask? Also, how much did it cost you? Did they do both the Injector and Injection Pump calibration?

Thanks for sharing!

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Hopefully it will run fine from now on. I can't remember the exact details, only that all injector nozzles were replaced along with a lot of tinkering on the injection pump. I was not the one who had the repairs done but I do remember that it was just a small diesel calibration shop along Del Monte ave cor. A. Bonifacio in QC. Most definitely do not remember the cost either, it was around 5 years ago already. Perhaps I'd recorded it in this thread? This thread sort of became my diary for the Revo's repairs. Haha 😄

Maintenance is most definitely very important. If you backread, you'll see many satisfied Revo owners with mileages exceeding 300tkms and still going strong. With my mileage at just 128tkms and already encountering this many repairs, compared to the others in this thread I actually kind of consider our Revo as somewhat of a lemon already!

6. Join Date
    Jun 2016
    ano ano po ba ang maintenance na pwede gawin sa 1.8 gas m/t revo kasi po sobrang lakas sa gas city driving 4km/l hiway 7km/l lang po sakit kasi sa bulsa hindi tuloy magamit mashado. thanks po sa mga magrereply.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by pandacrack View Post
    ano ano po ba ang maintenance na pwede gawin sa 1.8 gas m/t revo kasi po sobrang lakas sa gas city driving 4km/l hiway 7km/l lang po sakit kasi sa bulsa hindi tuloy magamit mashado. thanks po sa mga magrereply.
    if you take a look at page 1 of this thread, po, entry #8 lists down the gas revo's notoriety vis a vis fuel usage. keeping in mind that those figures were for traffic conditions way back in 2005... considering today's traffic, i'd say that "hindi po kayo nalalayo".
    Last edited by dr. d; June 21st, 2016 at 04:50 PM.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Hindi ba ganon ang konsumo mo dati? Perhaps you can try increasing the tire pressure (I inflate upto 38psi on all four), change the filters and fluids, and keep the revs low (preferably below 2k).

Our 2.3 Tribute consumes similarly, so I understand...

9. Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Salamat po sa mga inputs. dati po kasi consumption ng revo namen is 6-7km/l city driving then 9-10 km/l pag hiway longdrive slex/nlex cavitex. tapos tire size ko po 205/65 r 15 po tapos tig 40psi apat na gulong. rev range ko po lagi is 1.5-2k rpm sa city driving pag hiway naman is 2.5k - 3k rpm. siguro po changeoil ko muna ulit palit oil filter fuel filter pati erkon palinis ko kasi lagi nasa hi thermostat aircon ko at mahina na buga.

mga sir isa pang inquiry ko normal ba na 3k rpm 85 takbo ng revo ko 5th gear 1.8efi gas m/t. 205/65 tires 15" mags. salamat po sa sasagot.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Salamat po sa mga inputs. dati po kasi consumption ng revo namen is 6-7km/l city driving then 9-10 km/l pag hiway longdrive slex/nlex cavitex. tapos tire size ko po 205/65 r 15 po tapos tig 40psi apat na gulong. rev range ko po lagi is 1.5-2k rpm sa city driving pag hiway naman is 2.5k - 3k rpm. siguro po changeoil ko muna ulit palit oil filter fuel filter pati erkon palinis ko kasi lagi nasa hi thermostat aircon ko at mahina na buga.

mga sir isa pang inquiry ko normal ba na 3k rpm 85 takbo ng revo ko 5th gear 1.8efi gas m/t. 205/65 tires 15" mags. salamat po sa sasagot.
    My Revo GLX, 1.8 MT, does 98 to 100 kph at 3000 rpm. Aircon always ON. Your speed is almost similar to what I get, though there's a difference of at least 10kph with yours. Probably, one of us has the inaccurate speedo?

Anyway, yes, you should have your AC checked / cleaned as the continuous operation of the compressor adds to the fuel consumption.

Toyota Revo Owner's Club Details