New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 21 of 51 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    When Toyota offered 2 versions of the same trim of the Vios - one with 3 airbags at a lower price and another with 7 airbags at a higher price, guess what people bought?

Only car enthusiasts are particular about this. The people I talk to who are the target market for cheap cars like this don’t even care.

I can ask 10 random car owners in the parking lot and they probably won’t be able to tell me how many airbags their car has or whether it has stability control or not. Ang alam lang ng typical car owner - bigger/higher car is safer. Regardless if true or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Exactly. Pag nagbasa ka dito a tsikot, akala mo iilan lang ang sasakyan na worthy paglaanan ng pera - very disconnected sa karamihan ng car buyers sa Pinas.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    The stock Euro tune of the Fiesta Zetec S model is rated at 140hp/210Nm. With a stage 1 tune, the small engine can do 138hp at the wheels (160hp at the crank). That’s more than enough power for a car with just a weight of just over a ton.

Maybe Toyota has something else in mind for its 1.0L turbo engine. Emissions and fuel efficiency are the most likely priorities.

Just like the Isuzu Traviz's 4JA1 turbo possibly they lower the pressure to achieve better efficiency and reliability.

JDM Raize / Rocky 1.0L turbo also has this same ratings on power and torque as the ASEAN/export version.

If buyers something wanted for a more powerful 3 banger from Toyota, it will be the GR Yaris..

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

3. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by TheUninvited View Post
    Uhm, so basically it's frustrating for a car guy/enthusiast with a low or a limited 1M budget.

Still processing that 1M is cheap nowadays.

Buti pa Nissan PH, sa based model Almera lang walang AEB.
    don't frustrate, it is what it is...

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by TheUninvited View Post
    Uhm, so basically it's frustrating for a car guy/enthusiast with a low or a limited 1M budget.

Still processing that 1M is cheap nowadays.

Buti pa Nissan PH, sa based model Almera lang walang AEB.
    1M today was just 750k 10 years ago at 3% inflation.

Enthusiasts can decide with their wallet naman, if cars don’t sell because they lack the full suite of safety features, manufacturers will be forced to add them.

Just looking at the sales figures though, looks like the market has decided what matters to them.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    perhaps a pre-owned unit that contains the "required accessories" will fit the bill?
    And you get to choose your plate number ending....😁

6. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by thearsenal1205 View Post
    Just like the Isuzu Traviz's 4JA1 turbo possibly they lower the pressure to achieve better efficiency and reliability.

JDM Raize / Rocky 1.0L turbo also has this same ratings on power and torque as the ASEAN/export version.

If buyers something wanted for a more powerful 3 banger from Toyota, it will be the GR Yaris..

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    hehe naalala ko yung fuego namin dati. 4JA1 direct injection turbo. had all of 84-85hp i think. yung naturally aspirated na 4JA1 ng highlander 78hp. hehe. i do not know if there was a fuel saving advantage kasi yung fuego had definitely a shorter final drive ratio than the highlander. high speed vs low speed bungo ba.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    raize gr edition?
    A Raize 1.0 Turbo GR Sport exists in Indonesia, but like other "GR Sport" editions, its mostly an appearance package with no engine upgrades.

I doubt there will be a real "GR" high-performance version since Daihatsu's main focus is on low-cost/fuel-efficent small vehicles for both Daihatsu and Toyota brands.
    Last edited by AG4; January 28th, 2022 at 05:07 PM.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Although ang interest nasa 1.0T.
    Malamang ang volume seller nito iyong 1.2 based sa pricing at model line up.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by bxr monkey View Post
    Although ang interest nasa 1.0T.
    Malamang ang volume seller nito iyong 1.2 based sa pricing at model line up.
    sa raize parang there is a difference of about 100k between e, g then the turbo model. parang sulit tuloy yun turbo because of the engine upgrade tapos additional features. wala lang ako makita kung mayroon additional safety features pa. potentially baka mas matipid pa sa fuel ang gas kaysa sa 1.2 engine.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by babkalakal View Post
    wala lang ako makita kung mayroon additional safety features pa.
    Sa 1.0T lang ang may 6 airbags, front sonar, blind spot monitor, at rear cross traffic alert.