New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines



Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 403
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    14,824
    #21
    speaking of the Highlander... feeling ko mas viable yan kesa sa Prius. given the proper tax breaks... baka pwede yan!

  2. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    11,317
    #22
    unless you're a tree hugger, the added cost is not worth it

  3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    13,415
    #23
    off din ang aircon??? sure ka pre?

  4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    14,824
    #24
    Quote Originally Posted by theveed
    off din ang aircon??? sure ka pre?
    oops... sa lumang prius pala yun... sa new models di na (tulad na siya ng highlander).

  5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    4,801
    #25
    Quote Originally Posted by mrpink
    depends if you're comparing it to the rav4 .. or the getz .. hehe
    baka kinukumpara mo ito sa owner type jeep?

    anyway, I confirmed what mazdamazda said about older Prius A/C issue. My co-worker confirmed it. If she wants to keep the A/C on during traffic, she needs to put it on MAX so it doesnt stop. And the gas engine turns on of course.

    Newer Prius doesnt have that issue, tama ulit si mazdamazda.

    If I have to buy a Hybrid car, it would be a Honda Civic. Much better looking than the Prius. But then again, the added cost will make me choose the conventional Civic which gets 30/40 mpg at $5,000 less than the Hybrid model.

  6. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    5,465
    #26
    imo, di naman tayo makakakuha ng mileage tulad ng USDM cars eh, there are alot of factors like road condition, traffic etc. that will play a role in getting a high mileage... so why the need for hybrids? aside from sacrifice in performance, it will also take a toll on your pocket (very expensive imo).

  7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    4,801
    #27
    Quote Originally Posted by basti08
    imo, di naman tayo makakakuha ng mileage tulad ng USDM cars eh, there are alot of factors like road condition, traffic etc. that will play a role in getting a high mileage... so why the need for hybrids? aside from sacrifice in performance, it will also take a toll on your pocket (very expensive imo).

    tama ka kapatid, kailangan mag drive ng at least 30,000miles a year or price of gas goes up to $5.00/gal para mapabilis ang pagbawi ng added money spent on a hybrid.

  8. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    5,465
    #28
    isa pa halimbawa na lang...Mazda Protege ES with 2.0L engine aka Ford Lynx 1.6L engine, sa tate it can get up to 26-28mpg = to 14 Km/L dito...pero goodluck na lang sa Lynx owner dito kung makakuha sya ng 14 Km/L, to think na 1.6L lang Lynx dito dun dos litro pa tsikot mas matipid parin.

    yung 83km/L++ nyan ng Prius, goodluck na lang sa magpapatalo ng 1.3M kung makakuha sya ng ganong mileage.

  9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    29,320
    #29
    Quote Originally Posted by basti08
    isa pa halimbawa na lang...Mazda Protege ES with 2.0L engine aka Ford Lynx 1.6L engine, sa tate it can get up to 26-28mpg = to 14 Km/L dito...pero goodluck na lang sa Lynx owner dito kung makakuha sya ng 14 Km/L, to think na 1.6L lang Lynx dito dun dos litro pa tsikot mas matipid parin.
    In my corolla gli, I was able to get a bit over 13km/L fuel milage but that was pure highway driving (manila to subic and back) and I was driving very light footed. I could only manage half of that (at best) in normal city driving conditions.



  10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    29,320
    #30
    Quote Originally Posted by basti08
    yung 83km/L++ nyan ng Prius, goodluck na lang sa magpapatalo ng 1.3M kung makakuha sya ng ganong mileage.
    actually from that I have read online, you can extend nearly any hybrid's fuel milage simply by adding more batteries so the car can operated longer & further on pure battery power. Of course adding more batteries will cost you a bit more too.

Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

TOYOTA PRIUS [merged threads]