The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 21 of 41 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2007
    well you two knows too much.
    thanks for the knowledge though.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    regarding horsepower's post that the comparison of the santa fe and the lexus hybrid in australia, well it's true... i've seen more CRDi vehicles running on australian roads than hybrid ones because aussies know that CRDi engines are more economical than hybrid engines. my proof is i've seen more pajeros, stradas, hiaces, hiluxes, rextons and stavics running on CRDi engines in Gold Coast and Sydney than priuses and lexus hybrids

3. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    I spotted a tintless prius na nakikipag-smile-an sa driver ng tintless yaris sa harap ng Holiday Inn Galleria days ago.

pangit ng itsura ng Prius. kung naging cars movie lang nakita ko, basted yun

it looks like an old German car na pinapasabog ni MacGyver

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Actually, you see more CRDis because hybrids are still more expensive in these parts.

Hybrids are more accessible in the US because of tax-breaks given to hybrid buyers. The US market is hard for CRDi cars to penetrate because of very stringent emissions requirements for diesels in California... one which is difficult for the current crop of diesels to meet... especially considering the quality of US diesel stocks.

Thus, the political climate of the US has thrust hybrids into the limelight, whereas Europe and Asia (Australia included) are pushing for cleaner diesels.

But if the tax-benefit system in the US is changed to a more realistic one, based on the actual fuel consumption of the vehicle in question compared to other vehicles of the same size... instead of giving ALL hybrids, regardless of actual fuel consumption, tax breaks... and they fix that stupid carpool lane benefit (the biggest benefit for Prius owners is the fact that they can drive in the carpool lane without actually carpooling... which actually wastes gas instead of saving it... ), we might see a shift to more economical cars and diesels lower down on the food chain than hybrids.

As it is, hybrids are still a niche market in the US, despite the tax breaks, due to the fact that they're still more expensive... which is why the Hollywood crowd has jumped onto the hybrid bandwagon... they're exclusive. ;)
    Last edited by niky; June 11th, 2007 at 07:56 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue View Post
    I spotted a tintless prius na nakikipag-smile-an sa driver ng tintless yaris sa harap ng Holiday Inn Galleria days ago.

pangit ng itsura ng Prius. kung naging cars movie lang nakita ko, basted yun

it looks like an old German car na pinapasabog ni MacGyver
    why are you here???

:fly:

6. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    *snicker* *snicker*

thread needs more research.

:fly:

7. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Hybrid is the future

8. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    ^
    Sir honismitoy, hybrid din ba avatar mo?

9. Join Date
    May 2007
    hope that when prius comes. the tax will have a 50%off but still expensive pa din ata. pag bumili kc tyo ng kotse pang matagalan na will took about ten years or so. kaya dapat pang matagalan.

10. Join Date
    May 2007
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JDiiXr57KQ

watch this guys. you will know if it's worth buying toyota prius or What?