New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    ^No more Vios (or Yaris sedan in the USDM) in the future as Toyota will not develop a next gen. sedan from the new 2012 Yaris (USDM and JDM).

And yes, Toyota likes to recycle the engines like the 1.5 li (1NZ-FE) which is used since the Toyota Echo in 1998.

======

Also managed to see a red 2012 new old Yaris being driven to the Abad Santos dealer in the rain yesterday.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    No need to change the engine if there's nothing wrong with it. City fuel economy is still excellent. Give it better gearing and it will match its high-tech competitors on the highway.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by leopaul View Post
    That made me so angry, I wanna drop the F-bomb in one part of Thailand where they made this Yaris.

Minor change? What's gotten into those Thai? Haven't seen the new one? What a disgrace!
    bakit sobrang apektado ka? What's an F-Bomb, btw? Fart Bomb?

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Toyota has been criticized sa new Yaris kasi daw di man lang ginawang 5 speed and yun engine di man lang ni tweak. Napag iwanan na daw sobra ang Yaris sa mga bagong models like the Accent, Mazda 2, Fit, Fiesta, Sonic.

I drive a second gen Yaris and masaya naman ako sa kanya kaso yun 3rd gen nakaka dismaya talaga. I've seen one here and I say not worth it na siya for it's price, lalo na at madami ka makukuha tech and features sa mga competitors. Kitang kita na yun interior and components niya eh carry over the old one. May nabasa nga ako 65% lang daw ang bago sa Yaris lol

You can see na pati yun kambyo niya walang difference sa 2nd gen.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by msg View Post
    Toyota has been criticized sa new Yaris kasi daw di man lang ginawang 5 speed and yun engine di man lang ni tweak. Napag iwanan na daw sobra ang Yaris sa mga bagong models like the Accent, Mazda 2, Fit, Fiesta, Sonic.
    It's the same thing when they first launched the 10th gen Altis back in 2008, the carry over engine and transmission was a disappointment to the market. Thankfully they upgraded it in the midlife refresher (gen 10.5).

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    So as a buyer what can we do? Let your money do the talking

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Pinapa ubos na siguro ng Toyota mga remaining stocks nila ng Yaris kaya yan ang nilabas dito. Ang alam ko mahina ang sales ng Yaris sa Pinas. Kahit dito sa overseas, mahina din benta ng new Yaris, isa pa lang nakikita ko sa kalsada kahit medyo may isang buwan na yata nung ni release. Siguro dahil naging matalino na mga buyers and sobrang dami na kasi choices. Na wawala na ata ang Toyota magic.

Sabi nga ng naka usap ko, you'll buy the 2012 Yaris is you are a tunnel visioned Toyota fanatic. Other than that eh you must be nuts

Pero ako nagagandahan ako sa 2012 na Yaris lol Kahit na nilait ang archaic tranny, old engine, cheap dashboard and uninspiring drive...yun kasing Yaris ng friend ko umabot na ng 200,000 kms change oil lang ginagawa.

Mga kelan pa kaya dadating ang new Yaris sa Pinas?

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    The updated LC looks good.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by kiper View Post
    The updated LC looks good.
    Reposting yung pic ng LC200 from another thread... looks good indeed.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    ^ vinj, local unit ? or grey market ? may escalade kasi sa likod and hindi naman siya toyota dealer. he-he!

but indeed it looks good.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Toyota Philippines launched the 2013MY LC200 but they launched the wrong Yaris...