New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Okay, it seems that Toyota Motor Philippines launched the facelifted 2013 Land Cruiser 200 which is right, but apparently, Toyota launched the wrong Toyota Yaris for the 2012 model year...

Scoop: Toyota launches updated Land Cruiser and Yaris - Auto News

2. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    The rest of the world already has the newly redesigned 2012 Toyota Yaris except Philippines , Thailand & some other 3rd world countries.

The engine is the same on both , the 1NZ FE already established itself as one of the most reliable engine in sub compact category.

If i will take a guess , Toyota Philippines wants to sell its old inventory in Thailand before it brings the new design.

There was no mistake, its just a Facelifted Yaris , thats all.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by kingsindian67 View Post
    The rest of the world already has the newly redesigned 2012 Toyota Yaris except Philippines , Thailand & some other 3rd world countries.

The engine is the same on both , the 1NZ FE already established itself as one of the most reliable engine in sub compact category.

If i will take a guess , Toyota Philippines wants to sell its old inventory in Thailand before it brings the new design.

There was no mistake, its just a Facelifted Yaris , thats all.
    Let me put it this way...

This Yaris 2012 minor change is completely useless...

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    Dati noong ala pa balita na bagong modelo sa ibang bansa, mahina na yung bentahan nyan. Ngayon lalong wala bibili ng Yaris na yan.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by number001 View Post
    Dati noong ala pa balita na bagong modelo sa ibang bansa, mahina na yung bentahan nyan. Ngayon lalong wala bibili ng Yaris na yan.
    That made me so angry, I wanna drop the F-bomb in one part of Thailand where they made this Yaris.

Minor change? What's gotten into those Thai? Haven't seen the new one? What a disgrace!

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Based on US reviews the new body Yaris still gets the same engines and same 4-speed AT as the old one so we're not missing out on a lot.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    It has been mention a billion times in so many different forums, SAME ENGINE JUST DIFFERENT APPEARANCE , Europe has a diesel version , had TMPI introduced the 2012 Yaris Diesel it will give a different perspective considering the prices of gasoline nowadays.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    That's Toyota for you folks.

You can add that to steel rims and hubcaps on a million peso van. :D

I was contemplating on getting a Yaris a few months back and was thinking of waiting for the new model. Good thing i decided not to and opted for an Altis instead.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    That's Toyota for you folks.

You can add that to steel rims and hubcaps on a million peso van. :D
    Kahit 1.5M Van ganun pa rin nga e hahaha

10. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    baka pag lumabas yung new vios same engine padin. no reason to buy a new one na kung different body lang. hehe

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Toyota Philippines launched the 2013MY LC200 but they launched the wrong Yaris...