New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    WHAT A TALBOG TALAGA ANG HILUX!! Brand new yung hilux namin and napakatalbog! Naalala ko noong brand new ung L200 namin pero hindi naman ganyang katalbog mas stable sya.

So any tips aside from putting less air pressure on the tires?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    it will lower your fuel economy, but the easiest way is to keep something heavy (sandbags?) in the bed.

ganyan talaga ang minitrucks...lightweight and short wheelbase kasi, plus they need to be tuned to carry heavy weights.

i have heard that changing out the suspension helps a little bit, but i have no experience with it.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pero talagang super talbog especially pag seated ka sa back parang minamasahe ang likod mo hehe kaya lang nakakahilo

4. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    la ka na magagawa sa talbog ng PICK UPS. what you can do is replace the shocks to other better brands like bilsteins and if you're using it alone, put a sack or two of sand behind d cab coz they are built to carry loads. Prob lang witht the latter is that it will create more Drag thereby increasing your fuel consumption.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    21Nov2004 (UTC +8)

Yes, pickups have stiff suspension, because they're actually work trucks They run better with a load in the rear.

The ride can improve significantly with aftermarket suspension: either from ARB or TJM.

But what I currently did is I replaced my stock Bridgestone 255/70R15 (29.6" tall by 10" wide, on 15" wheels; load rating 'D") with GoodYear MTR 245/70R16 (30.5" tall by 9.6" wide, on 16" wheels; heavier load rating of 'E") tyres with Toyota Tundra steel wheels (same backspacing!) that I bought home from California. Tyre pressure was set to 30psi cold.

What a difference that it makes!!! The ride is not as bouncy anymore specially when crossing street humps... We think it's because the tyres and wheel combo are slightly heavier than the Bridgestone/Toyota-alloy combo, and thus more suitable for the stiff Hilux suspension. We don't feel that the engine lost significant power, if any, and the braking seems to have improved (I think 'coz the MTR's have a softer but grippier compound) without even have done any siping mods. Definitely, I didn't need a suspension lift to fit the slightly taller tyres. The MTR works wonders when compared to the old street Bridgestone tyres, when we did some tests on a slightly muddy and grassy lot. :D

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    21Nov2004 (UTC +8)

BTW, I put some pics of my Hilux in here:
    http://www.pbase.com/drexx/hilux_2004

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yes, you can try changing your shocks to those with an 'adjuster' para ma-adjust mo according to the load / road conditions. But these shocks are somewhat expensive! Pero bagay sa pickup talaga. ;)

8. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    torsion bar sa front & leaf spring at rear = harsh and stiff ride.. try mo lagay ka muna ng fellow sa seat kung nasatisfy ka add some foam sa upuan..cheap remedy lang to ha..

kung always no loads ka, baka umubra bawas ng leaf layer sa rear with liquid shock..

9. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    on y F150 before, i tried the loadplus helper spring. it helped the talbog and swaying of the rear when unladen. and it also increased the carrying capacity of the truck.

it was cheap at that time, mga p2700 lang.

andy

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by Drexx
    21Nov2004 (UTC +8)

Yes, pickups have stiff suspension, because they're actually work trucks They run better with a load in the rear.

The ride can improve significantly with aftermarket suspension: either from ARB or TJM.

But what I currently did is I replaced my stock Bridgestone 255/70R15 (29.6" tall by 10" wide, on 15" wheels; load rating 'D") with GoodYear MTR 245/70R16 (30.5" tall by 9.6" wide, on 16" wheels; heavier load rating of 'E") tyres with Toyota Tundra steel wheels (same backspacing!) that I bought home from California. Tyre pressure was set to 30psi cold.

What a difference that it makes!!! The ride is not as bouncy anymore specially when crossing street humps... We think it's because the tyres and wheel combo are slightly heavier than the Bridgestone/Toyota-alloy combo, and thus more suitable for the stiff Hilux suspension. We don't feel that the engine lost significant power, if any, and the braking seems to have improved (I think 'coz the MTR's have a softer but grippier compound) without even have done any siping mods. Definitely, I didn't need a suspension lift to fit the slightly taller tyres. The MTR works wonders when compared to the old street Bridgestone tyres, when we did some tests on a slightly muddy and grassy lot. :D
    Thanks for the suggestion ang lufet ng hilux mo! How about the fuel consumption? konti lang difference?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
How can I make our Hilux less talbog??