New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1393 of 1533 FirstFirst ... 129313431383138913901391139213931394139513961397140314431493 ... LastLast
Results 13,921 to 13,930 of 15330
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by heavenlee View Post
    A relative bought a repossessed Avanza from the bank that came with only one spare key/remote. For a while he was going nuts on where to have the spare key/remote duplicated -- it's always good to have a duplicate, right? Lucky for him his son was able to trace the original owner of the Avanza, and the original owner had the good sense to meet up and surrender to them the spare key/remote. One of the woes of buying used -- missing items -- intentionally missing or not, no one can say, as long as it's not a deal-breaker to the buyer.
    i must confess.
    i have a nice collection of about half a dozen duplicate keys of previous cars. but these are all plain metal keys, with no remotes.
    my old habit then, was to have a 3rd key duplicated at the mall, for the wife.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i must confess.
    i have a nice collection of about half a dozen duplicate keys of previous cars. but these are all plain metal keys, with no remotes.
    my old habit then, was to have a 3rd key duplicated at the mall, for the wife.
    In the age of push-starts, that will be a thing of the past,sir.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by heavenlee View Post
    In the age of push-starts, that will be a thing of the past,sir.
    me and my brother, have been push-starting for decades, perhaps even before you were born.
    heh heh heh.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2018
    me and my brother, have been push-starting for decades, perhaps even before you were born.
    heh heh heh.
    Ha ha. NIce one sir.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Lol. Push-start.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    Lol. Push-start.

both of them!
    when we were kids, american cars still had shiny chrome buttons, pushed to start the engine.
    when we got older and started tinkering with cars, we ran the batteries to the ground, resorting to the first picture for a few months, until we got enough savings to buy a new battery.

7. Join Date
    May 2009
    Good day innova owners!

Ask ko lang po, for VVTi variants (2013 E), when you replace the serpentine (drive) belts, do you *NEED* to replace the tensioner bearing and two idler pulley bearings together with it? Or pwedeng yun serpentine belt lang?

Thanks in advance!

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by matt chua View Post
    Good day innova owners!

Ask ko lang po, for VVTi variants (2013 E), when you replace the serpentine (drive) belts, do you *NEED* to replace the tensioner bearing and two idler pulley bearings together with it? Or pwedeng yun serpentine belt lang?

Thanks in advance!
    serpentine belt? i'd replace just the belt. i can wait for the idler and bearings to show signs of wear, before i replace them.
    unless! the idlers and bearings are already showing evidence of wear ("noises").
    Last edited by dr. d; July 29th, 2019 at 12:21 PM.

9. Join Date
    May 2009
    serpentine belt? i'd replace just the belt. i can wait for the idler and bearings to show signs of wear, before i replace them.
    unless! the idlers and bearings are already showing evidence of wear ("noises").
    Thanks dr. d for the response. Hindi pala need palitan sabay-sabay.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by matt chua View Post
    Thanks dr. d for the response. Hindi pala need palitan sabay-sabay.
    some casas recommend replace all.
    this is what pms means. replace it before it causes trouble.
    but ako naman, i feel that i can gauge when it's gonna give, and replace accordingly...
    "matapang", that me.

Toyota Innova Owners & Discussions [continued 3]