New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 70 of 182 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172737480120170 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by leozis View Post
    tagal ng innova ko dumating exited na ko.. i already completed my downpayment nung january 22 pa pero hangang ngayon wala pa daw ung unit.. may family outing pa naman kami sa sunday sana umabot ung innova
    Congrats sa bagong Innova nyo sir. INNOVA V A/T sir?

2. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    good day to all, i just bought a Innova and i hear from a local autoshop that it would be best if i put a turbo timer on my car. is this true? Do we really need to get one? How much thus this cost?

3. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by kristine123 View Post
    Congrats sa bagong Innova nyo sir. INNOVA V A/T sir?
    yup innova V a/t dsl black.. naiinip na ako tagal dumating ng unit sa dealer eh

4. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    UP ko lang po mga sir at maam

good day po mga sir at maam, anybody fellow innova owners who can post the model number of air filter, oil filter and fuel filter for innova D4D 2008 model, patapos na kasi warranty ng unit ko this coming april, planning to do DIY PM na lang, as of now sister ko gumagamit kasi out of country ako, if you can post with pictures po really very much appreciated. TIA

5. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by batang sutil View Post
    UP ko lang po mga sir at maam

good day po mga sir at maam, anybody fellow innova owners who can post the model number of air filter, oil filter and fuel filter for innova D4D 2008 model, patapos na kasi warranty ng unit ko this coming april, planning to do DIY PM na lang, as of now sister ko gumagamit kasi out of country ako, if you can post with pictures po really very much appreciated. TIA
    Pwede po sana ako mag help kaso lang VVTI tsikot ko po sir.

i think sir pwede naman mag tanong ang sis mo sa CASA about the model nember ng mga parts. Gawin mo na lang na parang recommendation na papalitan. Then pa scan mo then pa send mo sayo.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Overlord001 View Post
    good day to all, i just bought a Innova and i hear from a local autoshop that it would be best if i put a turbo timer on my car. is this true? Do we really need to get one? How much thus this cost?
    May turbo po ba ang INNOVA natin?

i think di ko kelangan ito. di naman malayuan ang biyahe ko.

just to answer your question.

it cost around 2.5k more or less.

[SIZE=2]"...[/SIZE]A turbo timer is a device designed to keep an automotive engine running for a pre-specified period of time in order to automatically execute the cool-down period required to prevent premature turbo wear and failure. After a period of driving when a turbocharger has been working hard, it is important to let the engine run at idle speed for a period of time, allowing the compressor assembly to cool from the lower gas temperatures in both the exhaust and intake tracts. At the same time the lubricating oilfrom the engine is able to circulate properly so the turbine won't burn the lubricating oilthat would otherwise be trapped within the charger with the turbine rotating at high speed..."

[SIZE=4]IF YOU'RE BORED OF READING HERE'S THE SHORTCUT...[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]IT ALLOWS YOUR ENGINE TO COOL DOWN GIVING THE PARTS, SPECIALLY THE TURBO, TO BE LUBRICATED PROPERLY BEFORE SHUTTING DOWN.
    [/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]
    [/SIZE]

7. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfhound View Post
    Regarding PMS, ano ba ang follow nyo, years or km?
    According to our manual "whatever comes 1st. 3 months or 5Km." Ako I follow the monthly PMS since mababa km reading ko.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Overlord001 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by kristine123 View Post
    May turbo po ba ang INNOVA natin?

i think di ko kelangan ito. di naman malayuan ang biyahe ko.

just to answer your question.

it cost around 2.5k more or less.

[SIZE=2]"...[/SIZE]A turbo timer is a device designed to keep an automotive engine running for a pre-specified period of time in order to automatically execute the cool-down period required to prevent premature turbo wear and failure. After a period of driving when a turbocharger has been working hard, it is important to let the engine run at idle speed for a period of time, allowing the compressor assembly to cool from the lower gas temperatures in both the exhaust and intake tracts. At the same time the lubricating oilfrom the engine is able to circulate properly so the turbine won't burn the lubricating oilthat would otherwise be trapped within the charger with the turbine rotating at high speed..."

[SIZE=4]IF YOU'RE BORED OF READING HERE'S THE SHORTCUT...[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]IT ALLOWS YOUR ENGINE TO COOL DOWN GIVING THE PARTS, SPECIALLY THE TURBO, TO BE LUBRICATED PROPERLY BEFORE SHUTTING DOWN.
    [/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]
    [/SIZE]
    *Kristine123 - not sure with the gas models pero sa diesel meron.

*Overlord001 - IMO, waste of cash lang siya. Just follow yung basic rule when driving a turbo-charged vehicle. "Allow the engine to idle for atleast 1 to 2 minutes (especially after driving at high speed for a long period of time) for the turbo to cool down. Do not rev engine before turning it off."

9. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfhound View Post
    we need some guide on how to DIY detail our engine ...
    Quote Originally Posted by vosch View Post
    as far as i know yung grease is for greasing mga tyrad sa harap ata, kasi may luma ako na tamaraw fx every 5k pina pa greasing ko sa shop,para walang sound sa harap na squeak squeak everytime natatagtag fx ko,as for yung engine detail hindi ako nagpapalinis ng engine NEVER punas punas lang ng basang cloth,kasi pag engine detail high pressure washer ginagamit ng mga casa and other carwash establishment,maya ano pa mangyari sa engine ko,hindi naman waterproof engine natin no!? sabi nila pinapatuyo nila yung engine ng blower,eh isipin mo puro electronic na ang engine natin ngayon,alam ko hindi puede mabasa ang electronic items di ba!!! yun ay sa akin lang naman.
    Quote Originally Posted by liv View Post
    never ko pa rin pina engine wash and detail Innova ko... punas lang din at konting spray ng armor all para lang umitim at kumintab ng konti ung mga components... nadala na kasi ako before... dalawa na ung kotse kong nasira ung alternator kahit may takip na plastic.
    Mejo matrabaho mag-engine detail so best have it done sa suki mong car detailer atleast once or twice a year. Tapos maintain mo na lang by engine wash or punas-punas once a week. Ganito na ginagawa ko sa lahat ng sasakyan namin ever since. Safe naman basahin yung makina (CRDI o VVT-i) basta hindi high pressure washer ang gamit mo. Pag high pressure kasi, may tendency na pasukin yung mga electrical contacts. Wala din akong tinatakpan ng plastic sa kahit na anong electrical parts sa engine bay. I think all engine components (including the computer box and alternator) are designed to withstand water spray since nababasa din naman siya pag nagmamaneho tayo sa ulan. Wag lang mababad sa tubig gaya ng sa baha. Also as a precaution, disconnect the positive contact of the battery para sure na walang kuryente yung electrical circuit. Hindi advisable na lagyan ng Armor All yung mga hose dahil takaw alkabok lang ito.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    good day mga ka-innova, tanong lang po san po ba maganda magpakabit ng roofrail and stepboard para sa innova 2011 ang mahal po kasi sa casa toyota dasma....help naman po salamat

Toyota Innova Owners & Discussions [continued 2]