New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    tongue-in-cheek?
    "probably from those who have not had the experience of owning and maintaining a diesel".
    heh heh heh.
    One of them who said it is an old mechanic. I don't think has no experience with it. Well, I really don't know since that mechanic is my friend's mechanic and the word came from my friend.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Archerfish View Post
    One of them who said it is an old mechanic. I don't think has no experience with it. Well, I really don't know since that mechanic is my friend's mechanic and the word came from my friend.
    well, he's probably right. diesel engines are made of tougher, more expensive metal, that are more difficult to machine. spare parts should be expensive.
    but the questions is, how often do diesel engines need maintenance and repair, compared to gas engines?
    knowing how expensive repair is, is one thing. needing to repair, is a totally different thing.
    someone here already made a cost analysis of diesel vs. gas engine, and pointed out at what mileage the break-even point is. i just can't remember...

kawawa naman si TS. nahihilo na siguro.
    heh heh.
    Last edited by dr. d; June 17th, 2018 at 01:29 AM.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    well, he's probably right. diesel engines are made of tougher, more expensive metal, that are more difficult to machine. spare parts should be expensive.
    but the questions is, how often do diesel engines need maintenance and repair, compared to gas engines?
    knowing how expensive repair is, is one thing. needing to repair, is a totally different thing.

kawawa naman si TS. nahihilo na siguro.
    heh heh.
    Sorry about that, I'm always off topic...

Going back, you (or your father) might want to consider other brands. And suddenly I remembered *minicarph, he said that this Fortuner has no reverse camera. According to him, why buy such vehicle amounting to millions without such gadget? And I just read somewhere, just a few minutes ago, that those reverse camera from casa doesn't last long or not good enough should you decide to install one. I also heard from a friend that this vehicle rides like a horse. I just don't know exactly what he meant.

I think I'm out of here as I don't think I'm much help here.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    the old forts were reputed to be harsh on the suspension. perhaps the new one still is?

i already recommended something else, but sabi ni TS, wish ni papah ang fort.

it is easy to have a "better" reverse camera installed, cheaply, if one considers the price of the fort. in my opinion, it is a deal-breaker only if one is a real skinflint. heh heh.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Maraming salamat po sa mga nagreply,bale dalawa po ang pinagpipilian namin,yung ford everest at fort vvti,di pa po kami maka decide.hehe

Sent from my D2533 using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    We have a 2006 Innova VVTI city driving average (mixed traffic) 6-8KM/L

At oo natatakawan ako sa konsumo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by cast_no_shadow View Post
    We have a 2006 Innova VVTI city driving average (mixed traffic) 6-8KM/L

At oo natatakawan ako sa konsumo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Minsan 5 pa! Hehe. Got a 2005 innova here.

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by willownavarro View Post
    Minsan 5 pa! Hehe. Got a 2005 innova here.

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk
    our MT 2005 diesel innova uniformly gives us 9-10 km/li in the city, without resorting to any tricks. a bit over 10 before, when traffic was better.
    but we don't do edsa.

my colleague used to have a vvti fort. 5-6 km/li daw, back when traffic was not as bad as today.
    Last edited by dr. d; July 1st, 2018 at 08:06 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12