New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Mga master!tanong lang po,ano po fuel consumption ng mga fortuner nyo na 2.7vvti?balak po kasi namin bumili,kaso baka po sobrang lakas naman sa gas,medyo di po kaya ang presyo ng mga diesel variant ng fortuner,salamat po sa makaka sagot

Sent from my D2533 using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Nonick750 View Post
    Mga master!tanong lang po,ano po fuel consumption ng mga fortuner nyo na 2.7vvti?balak po kasi namin bumili,kaso baka po sobrang lakas naman sa gas,medyo di po kaya ang presyo ng mga diesel variant ng fortuner,salamat po sa makaka sagot

does it have to be the fortuner?
    if you are amenable, get the smaller innova diesel. it should be a bit cheaper and more maneuverable in tight spaces, if that might be an issue for you. the MT should get you 9 km/li in the city, and the AT about 10% less. but that all depends on your driving traffic. in standstill traffic, we all get 0 km/li.

the innova and the fortuner share platforms, and whatever significant mechanical reputation one has, is probably also present in the other.

good luck.
    Last edited by dr. d; June 16th, 2018 at 08:58 AM.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Salamat po sa reply sir,pero ayaw po kasi ng tatay ko ng innova sir,kaya yung fortuner vvti po yung isa sa mga pinagpipilian namin,alam nyo po ba yung actual fuel consumption sir?

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Salamat po sa reply sir,pero ayaw po kasi ng tatay ko ng innova sir,kaya yung fortuner vvti po yung isa sa mga pinagpipilian namin,alam nyo po ba yung actual fuel consumption sir?

not the fortuner.
    but my relative's innova vvti gets about 8 km/li in light traffic. daw. hindi kasi taga-maynila ang traffic nila.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    not the fortuner.
    but my relative's innova vvti gets about 8 km/li in light traffic. daw. hindi kasi taga-maynila ang traffic nila.
    Salamat po sa info sir,very helpful yon,kasi kung magkaron ma po siguro ng difference yung dalawang engine,very minimal lang po siguro?
    Sabi din po sa mga nabasa ko sa ibang forum,mas madali daw po i maintain ang gas engine kesa sa diesel,tama pi ba yon?

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Sabi din po sa mga nabasa ko sa ibang forum,mas madali daw po i maintain ang gas engine kesa sa diesel,tama pi ba yon?

i wouldn't know how difficult or easy it is, to maintain the vvti.
    as for my D4d, "my only maintenance has been the regular oil and filter change, and the one instance that my fuel water trap light, lit up, and i ended up replacing the fuel filter beside the engine."
    while it is probably true that it is more expensive to repair a diesel engine, after over 120K km, i have not yet had the need to do so. in truth, i have done nothing to the engine, that falls under "repair".

is my experience unique, or is it the norm?

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    Metro manila traffic... 4km/l po

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i wouldn't know how difficult or easy it is, to maintain the vvti.
    as for my D4d, "my only maintenance has been the regular oil and filter change, and the one instance that my fuel water trap light, lit up, and i ended up replacing the fuel filter beside the engine."
    while it is probably true that it is more expensive to repair a diesel engine, after over 120K km, i have not yet had the need to do so. in truth, i have done nothing to the engine, that falls under "repair".

is my experience unique, or is it the norm?
    I've heard it once or twice that it is "harder and more expensive" to maintain a diesel engine compared to a gasoline engine. I don't know how and where did they get that idea. Perhaps the old technology of diesels were difficult to maintain and so those old timers will often say that.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    digital gauge from the dash in my Fortuner vvti says 6.5km/l. its purely City Driving.
    upkeep is pretty standard. the usual oil change and change of filters.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Archerfish View Post
    I've heard it once or twice that it is "harder and more expensive" to maintain a diesel engine compared to a gasoline engine. I don't know how and where did they get that idea. Perhaps the old technology of diesels were difficult to maintain and so those old timers will often say that.
    tongue-in-cheek?
    "probably from those who have not had the experience of owning and maintaining a diesel".
    heh heh heh.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast