New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 162 of 203 FirstFirst ... 62112152158159160161162163164165166172 ... LastLast
Results 1,611 to 1,620 of 2023
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    peeps, gawa na kaya tayo na "D4D engine woes club." EB tayo kahit once a year...hehe

Baka walang sumipot. Puro natirikan habang papunta. :car:

2. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    I understand that a product will never always be perfect and will have some flaws. for some business reason, companies need to release a product in time, maybe to capture some market because if you wait for a product to be perfect it may never be released and you may loose that precious market to others. What I can't understand is that some companies never really admit or would not have the initiative to fix it like the D4D.

Like Microsoft, Windows OS may not be perfect but it is good enough for users to use. if in the past microsoft waited for a perfect windows OS free of bugs, they might have not released it in time to capture the market and be where they are now. they released windows just in time to capture a good sizeable portion of the market and at the same time release a product that is just good enough for users to use it. If there are security flaws or bugs, microsoft releases a patch to remedy this problem.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    our innova G d4d has been problem free for more than 20k kms.

my sis-in-law's bf's innova E d4d also has been trouble free since they bought it last year.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by afg598 View Post
    Baka walang sumipot. Puro natirikan habang papunta. :car:
    sa toyota mismo ang EB, hehe

5. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueBimmer View Post
    our innova G d4d has been problem free for more than 20k kms.

my sis-in-law's bf's innova E d4d also has been trouble free since they bought it last year.

yung nga nakakapagtaka sir. may mga kilala naman ako na ok din d4d niya. same design naman siguro lahat ng 2.5d4d. mismo nga friend ko sa toyota parts and maintenance nagtataka

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    There is more to consider than simply having two parts that look alike or have the same number. Variables like manufacturing tolerances, assembly quality, material grade, etc.

Mitsubishi DOHC 3.0 engines have been know to eat their butterfly intake valve. The problem does not plague every engine manufactured. But the problem is recognized to exist.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue View Post
    tsaka ang sakit nun sa d4d owner, pag nasabihan na dahil madumi ang diesel. para na din nila sinabi na hopeless case na and they can't help it.
    Precisely! If that is the culprit of this problem then why not All D4d is affected?

Jam2, If they say earlier models and those with series serial# I check my brother's Innova E and call the Toyota commonweath they didn't know about the recall. My brother bought his Innova 6 Monhts earlier than me.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    so kung may flawless innova d4d, is it safe to say na yun mga brand new ones sold as early as 3 months ago, safe na? gusto ko din kasi ng innova na diesel eh. mas malaki sya kaysa sa avanza. mas madami maikarga pambusiness.

meron na ba dito na bagong bili lang tapos nag-choke na?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue View Post
    so kung may flawless innova d4d, is it safe to say na yun mga brand new ones sold as early as 3 months ago, safe na? gusto ko din kasi ng innova na diesel eh. mas malaki sya kaysa sa avanza. mas madami maikarga pambusiness.

meron na ba dito na bagong bili lang tapos nag-choke na?
    I bought my Innova D4D J last June 06 and has so far racked up more than 8000km and I'm getting an average of 10.54km/l almost pure city driving. I love it to pieces not only for the fuel efficiency but also for the high mid-range torque (from 1,500rpm to 3,500rpm) which is perfect for city driving.

I have talked personally to someone who had nightmares with his Innova D4D and I am praying that I wouldn't get choking problems with mine or I would give it 1 really good kick.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    well, atleast toyota does something to check the choking problem. its just a b1tch if it does happen since there is no way to tell when it will come out or if your car is affected. its an unplanned downtime and severly affects the plans you have set for the rest of the day, or two hehehe. its very irritating to cancel what you have planned to do for the day, esp if you lost some business(or a deadline) or a client you were supposed to meet up with

Toyota D4D engine woes