New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 44 of 203 FirstFirst ... 344041424344454647485494144 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by butchokuy
    kla ko dati sa old cars lang alang peace of mind. ngayn sa mga newer vehicle na!

ang hirap nyan dmo alam kng kelan masisira, kakaba-kaba ka lalo na kng biyahe ka ng malayo.
    Hindi naman talaga issue kung pumapalpak ang mga newer vehicles. Design flaws happen from time to time, kahit sa mga well-known vehicles.

Ang issue here is our local Toyota appears to be not customer oriented. Or maybe their customer response is much to be desired. Kung sa America nangyari ito, baka medyo responsive pa sila. Bihira kasi dito ang mga customers who assert their consumer rights.

The name Toyota is a precious brand. I'm sure kapag nagkameron ng bad publicity sa media, they will be more aggressive to respond to the D4D woes. So far wala namang bad publicity. Pinipigilan pa nga nung iba dahil baka hindi nila mabenta ng mataas yung Innova nila sa 2nd Hand Market.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    tahimik na sila coz they realized that their best ally in this D4D problem is still Toyota. not the media, and certainly not other car manufacturers. the media is only good at broadcasting the issue while other car manufacturers would like nothing more than to see Toyota D4D owners and Toyota Phils fail.

that's a good first step actually. leave out the groups/sectors that dont concern you.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Intresting comments about your bad experiences with the D4D engine. Is the D4D engine of TOYOTA also similar in design with the Common Rail Diesel Injection of Isuzu,Hayundai and bigger companies like Volvo and BMW? Based from your comments are u impling this new technology of CRDi diesel engines are no good and consumers avoid buying vehicles with this kind of engine? Or you are only finger pointing at TOYOTA in particular? Im no avid fan of TOYOTA in fact most of my cars are HONDA and Mitsubishi. Im just curious kasi i wanted to buy a new vehicle and since gasoline prices is relatively higher than diesel. I intend to get a Matrix CRDi or a Toyota Fortunner D4D. Can you clarify on this issue is it only Toyota diesel engines having this kind of problems or majority of CRDi engines irregardles of what brand?

4. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Bosch CRDI Techonology should be better compared to DENSO D4D CRDI jaPANIS techonology kaya wala nag-post sa mga thread about Hyundai or KIA CRDI problem. Kaya dapat lang Gumawa na ang TOYOTA ng paraan for any system UPGRADE or Engine Rebuiding KIT that would fit to our Phil. condition wether it could be the Dirty Fuel which they are pointing out or masyado maselan lang tung makinang ito

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Pogisofi
    Intresting comments about your bad experiences with the D4D engine. Is the D4D engine of TOYOTA also similar in design with the Common Rail Diesel Injection of Isuzu,Hayundai and bigger companies like Volvo and BMW? Based from your comments are u impling this new technology of CRDi diesel engines are no good and consumers avoid buying vehicles with this kind of engine? Or you are only finger pointing at TOYOTA in particular? Im no avid fan of TOYOTA in fact most of my cars are HONDA and Mitsubishi. Im just curious kasi i wanted to buy a new vehicle and since gasoline prices is relatively higher than diesel. I intend to get a Matrix CRDi or a Toyota Fortunner D4D. Can you clarify on this issue is it only Toyota diesel engines having this kind of problems or majority of CRDi engines irregardles of what brand?
    Dre, Toyota's CRD lang ang maraming problema. Sabi nga ni ventoy,"DENSO D4D CRDI jaPANIS". Advise lang, stay away from Toyota D4D.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hindi nyo ba niconsider na baka yung d4d can't swallow the dirty diesels we have in the philippines. yung d4d ng fortuner na 3 liter, less problems because 2 daw yung filter or maybe it's because not enough 3liter d4d owners in the philippines.

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    Other brand CRDi vehicle only represent a very small percentage compared to Toyota's D4D. That's why there's no problem or few problem with other brand's CRDi. Remember Toyota is No. 1 in almost all category.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    very true....

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Salamat mga sir, More Power sa mga members ng tsikot.com
    HAPPY NEW YEAR SA INYO LAHAT!

And for all TOYOTA INNOVA D4D owners,keep us posted with any problems you experience,remember its always a numbers game. In the law of statistics we need to accumulate good number of first hand bad experiences with this engine to make a conclusion that our claim is valid and relieable. You already made a good job on this, for now im staying away from a D4D engine. But we have a role pa din to play sa mga ibang members natin who owns an INNOVA D4D who have a different or rather good experince with it. Para balance ang laban sa ring. After some research at lumalabas talaga na out of 10 owners 5 or more r having problems then we have a case against TOYOTA and demand a re-call. Feel sori for lrshell experience,dont want to be in his position, but i emphatize with you.

10. Join Date
    May 2005
    If Toyota is attributing the problem to dirty fuel present in third world countries (ie. Philippines) then what about those D4-D engines in Egypt, Middle East, Latin America, Africa, etc.. Those countries dont exactly have the same kind of supposedly "cleaner" diesel fuel quality that can be acquired in first world countries in Europe or North America. And since someone posted that D4-D engines are suposedly very reliable in those part of the world then Toyota's dirty fuel hypothesis does not seem plausible at all, unless of course Toyota can prove that the Philippines has the dirties fuel quality in the world .

Toyota D4D engine woes