New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 183 of 357 FirstFirst ... 83133173179180181182183184185186187193233283 ... LastLast
Results 1,821 to 1,830 of 3568
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel Teodoro View Post
    Ouch! Ang mahal nga!! Is it ok po ba to use different brand? Hindi naman makaka affect sa performance? S&R yun po ba yung parang macro sir vinj? Thanks po sa responses. Im not that familiar kasi 1st car ko rin wala pa ko masyado experience.
    Am one of those who shifted from Dunlop SP01s to Kumho Ecstas. Completely satisfied with the Ecstas. Only gripe probably is that makapal yung sidewall niya compared to other tires of the same size (205/55R16) but that's minor.

Super hindi worth it mag-SP01 pag replacement. Even the CASA suggests the cheaper Dunlop LM703 instead.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel Teodoro View Post
    Ouch! Ang mahal nga!! Is it ok po ba to use different brand? Hindi naman makaka affect sa performance? S&R yun po ba yung parang macro sir vinj? Thanks po sa responses. Im not that familiar kasi 1st car ko rin wala pa ko masyado experience.
    How many tyres are you getting? One piece only (for the spare)?

If you're going to use the tyre, better to always change by pairs (left and right front or left and right rear) at least. You can then put one of your used tyres as a spare. If all your road tyres are good and even, then just get the one piece new one for the spare.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    Mahal no? Sayang you missed on the pads of cjv_justice... kahit pakabit mo lang sa gas station or sa suking mekaniko mo.

Bili ka na ng new Corolla come December/January. :D
    ang mahal talga ng new pads! hassle talga...that's what you get from not finding time to do it... on the tires, the potenza RE02 adrenalins are just 5,200/tire for the size of the V model wheels... but im still contemplating on what to buy... haha kaya pa siguro ng 500KMs ang tires.....

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by kinse View Post
    ang mahal talga ng new pads! hassle talga...that's what you get from not finding time to do it... on the tires, the potenza RE02 adrenalins are just 5,200/tire for the size of the V model wheels... but im still contemplating on what to buy... haha kaya pa siguro ng 500KMs ang tires.....
    Stop contemplating. Go for the Toyo DRBs na... higher thread wear rating versus the RE002s.

These were the DRBs from the Vios after 45-50K kms.

5. Join Date
    May 2013
    Stop contemplating. Go for the Toyo DRBs na... higher thread wear rating versus the RE002s.

These were the DRBs from the Vios after 45-50K kms.

Thanks sir vinj! I made up my mind for this toyo drb. Will get one soon as my spare! any recommended shops to purchase this tire?

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Parang okay nga yung Potenza RE002 but it has a much lower treadwear rating than other tires near its price range. I wonder how much better the grip is though, since it seems to be leaning heavily towards the performance market than the regular car owner.

As much as I value performance, I wouldn't want my tires to wear out in half the time that other tires would.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Hello, yearly po ba tlaga recommended mag pa undercoat? ~2K sa casa yun quote skin.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by kiamoyman View Post
    Hello, yearly po ba tlaga recommended mag pa undercoat? ~2K sa casa yun quote skin.
    Nope... not really.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Nope... not really.
    Thanks for the reply sir vinj. How to determine if needed na i-paundercoat and how to check kung na apply maayus yun undercoat?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by kiamoyman View Post
    Thanks for the reply sir vinj. How to determine if needed na i-paundercoat and how to check kung na apply maayus yun undercoat?
    usually you'll see the OEM undercoating already (similar color to the car). Best to do it also during the hot season IMO.

Toyota Corolla 10th Generation Altis Owners [continued]