New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 337 of 357 FirstFirst ... 237287327333334335336337338339340341347 ... LastLast
Results 3,361 to 3,370 of 3568
  1. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    bad trip wala pa naman ako trabajo! Mom ko na nga nagbabayad ng registration and PMS ko How do I know na battery lang ang sira at hindi yung alarm system mismo? Kasi nagre red yung alarm remote pero hindi gumagana saka yung sa loob ng car hindi nagb blink yung security

Sabi ko pa naman sa Mom ko NEVER ko bebenta gen 10 ko kasi saan ka nakakita ng 10 yr old car na NEVER nagka sira. Tapos ngayon nagsunod sunod. Feeling ko dahil binilad ko ng 1 month sa araw

wear and tear
    mababa pa mileage nyan diba?

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjababez View Post
    wear and tear
    mababa pa mileage nyan diba?
    49k 2010 model

3. Join Date
    May 2014
    49k 2010 model
    mababa pa sobra yan cathy
    pero baka nag accelerate nga dahil sa pagbilad, kaso ilan buwan lang ba nakabilad yan
    pero naalala ko yun steering wheel mo, nag aagnas narin (kasabay ito halos ng dashboard if bilad sa araw)
    yun dashboard, dalhin mo na toyota service adviser mo
    yung steering wheel kay seatmate nalang
    tapos pakita mo narin yung sa alarm, normal lang naman na red yung ilaw sa mismong remote (just checked mine * 2.9v) gumagana pa naman pero dapat malapit sa auto (less 10 meters away).
    baka kasi yun mismong sa auto na alarm module ang problema eh

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    pero baka nag accelerate nga dahil sa pagbilad, kaso ilan buwan lang ba nakabilad yan
    pero naalala ko yun steering wheel mo, nag aagnas narin (kasabay ito halos ng dashboard if bilad sa araw)
    tapos pakita mo narin yung sa alarm, normal lang naman na red yung ilaw sa mismong remote (just checked mine * 2.9v) gumagana pa naman pero dapat malapit sa auto (less 10 meters away).
    it's a ten year old car!
    sabi nga ng iba, "manage your expectations". no car can remain in pristine condition forever. but cars in museums do have an edge here... heh heh.

making bilad under the sun does accelerate the ageing process of the various parts that make the car. that's what roofed garages are for.
    but hey! them's relatively minor issues mentioned above, that can be remedied with reasonableness... considering the covid alternative.

between disinfecting the car via sunlight treatment and getting infected by covid... i'd bilad my car.
    these were the early days of covid, and no one had any idea of just how infectious it can be. making bilad is an issue i'd have accepted, for justin.

rationalizations... rationalizations...

btw,
    the melting dashboard is, i believe, a factory error in materials choice.
    i have a 17 year old car from the same manufacturer. it has had its share of under-the-sun parkings. (when you are on hospital duty, 48-to-72 hour parkings under the sun is common.) it still has a pristine dashboard.
    Last edited by dr. d; January 8th, 2021 at 09:26 AM.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Feeling ko nga na accelerate dahil sa bilad. One month lang naman nakapark sa arawan pero maraming days naman dun maulan pa nga

hassle naman yung sa alarm. Sana remote lang

Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    it's a ten year old car!
    sabi nga ng iba, "manage your expectations". no car can remain in pristine condition forever. but cars in museums do have an edge here... heh heh.

making bilad under the sun does accelerate the ageing process of the various parts that make the car. that's what roofed garages are for.
    but hey! them's relatively minor issues mentioned above, that can be remedied with reasonableness... considering the covid alternative.

between disinfecting the car via sunlight treatment and getting infected by covid... i'd bilad my car.
    these were the early days of covid, and no one had any idea of just how infectious it can be. making bilad is an issue i'd have accepted, for justin.

rationalizations... rationalizations...

btw,
    the melting dashboard is, i believe, a factory error in materials choice.
    i have a 17 year old car from the same manufacturer. it has had its share of under-the-sun parkings. (when you are on hospital duty, 48-to-72 hour parkings under the sun is common.) it still has a pristine dashboard.
    Are you saying dr that we can still get covid because it sticks to the car interior, tires and body etc? I thought information was already disseminated that we don't even need to alcohol objects (grocery or packages etc) anymore because one cannot get infected from that? Unless na lang someone spits or sneezed and then you touch it then touch your face. But we are not supposed to be touching our face anyway. So wala naman naitutulong pagbilad ng auto? Nakakasira pa

My 94 yr old Lola pala, labas pasok naman mga auto sa garage nila and even when they have visitors (like myself or cousins) sa loob din naman nagpa park and we don't disinfect our tires naman

6. Join Date
    May 2014
    ^sabi dr. d., dibale na masira car interior
    naturally disinfected naman ng araw

7. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    so it means nga kumakapit pa rin covid sa interior/exterior ng kotse? Akala ko ba sinabi na na hindi naman. Sa gas station nga tinanggal na yung mats na dinadaanan ng tires to disinfect. Pinapasok ko na auto ko sa garage, yung tires na lang binubuhusan ko na tubig na may car shampoo. So it looks like I need to bilad talaga everytime I use it Lalong masisira auto ko

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Feeling ko nga na accelerate dahil sa bilad. One month lang naman nakapark sa arawan pero maraming days naman dun maulan pa nga

hassle naman yung sa alarm. Sana remote lang

Are you saying dr that we can still get covid because it sticks to the car interior, tires and body etc? I thought information was already disseminated that we don't even need to alcohol objects (grocery or packages etc) anymore because one cannot get infected from that? Unless na lang someone spits or sneezed and then you touch it then touch your face. But we are not supposed to be touching our face anyway. So wala naman naitutulong pagbilad ng auto? Nakakasira pa

My 94 yr old Lola pala, labas pasok naman mga auto sa garage nila and even when they have visitors (like myself or cousins) sa loob din naman nagpa park and we don't disinfect our tires naman
    those were the early days of covid, when no one really knew how covid behaved. i thought at that time, along with other ka-white-coats ko, that making bilad the car under the sun, was a small price to pay to avoid covid.
    i'm a car user, not a garage queen curator. i don't mind making bilad my car from time to time, as i believe it helps keep the car microbiologically clean.
    just make sure there's no nikon camera on the dashboard. (an elbow nudge to my colleague.)
    heh heh.

i am not 100 percent denying the possibility of secondary exposure. i still believe in disinfectants. against covid and other germs.
    Last edited by dr. d; January 8th, 2021 at 12:50 PM.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    right!
    magkano lang ba naman ang re-upholster, compared to ....!

but hey!
    i work with infectious agents. i can justify sunning my car. i also have the wherewithal to re-upholster it.
    i can not speak for you guys. follow my footsteps at your own upholstery's risk.
    Last edited by dr. d; January 8th, 2021 at 12:57 PM.

10. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    right!
    magkano lang ba naman ang re-upholster, compared to ....!
    sakin ka pagawa dashboard 2k nalang german leatherette mas maganda sa stock LOL

Toyota Corolla 10th Generation Altis Owners [continued]