New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 247 of 357 FirstFirst ... 147197237243244245246247248249250251257297347 ... LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,470 of 3568
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Going from a 10th gen to an 11th gen is actually quite an improvement. The 11th gen is much bigger and thus more spacious, has better connectivity (Bluetooth, USB), and has better handling. It looks more striking too, although I also like the understated looks of the 10th gen.

But it's quite expensive - you'll be able to sell your Altis for about 400k, which means you'll still shell out 600k for the new one. IMO not worth it if your current Altis works just fine.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Sirs, I'm considering getting a 2nd hand Altis 1.6G manual. Significant po ba ang difference ng 10th and 10.5th gen, lalo na sa performance? Or OK na yung 10th gen kahit yung ZZ yung engine niya?

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by cocoy_g View Post
    Sirs, I'm considering getting a 2nd hand Altis 1.6G manual. Significant po ba ang difference ng 10th and 10.5th gen, lalo na sa performance? Or OK na yung 10th gen kahit yung ZZ yung engine niya?
    Quote Originally Posted by m_rk View Post
    i could be wrong - same lang ata makina nila?
    The 10th gen has a 3ZZ-FE engine, with only 109 hp and only a 5MT. The 10.5 gen has a 1ZR-FE engine with 122 hp and a 6MT. I've driven both and you'd be surprised how much better the new engine and transmission is compared to the old one - better performance and FC.

Not to mention, the 10.5 gen looks better, and has aux input already. The 10.5 gen is definitely the better buy.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Thank you for the replies. Sirs, is the back seat comfortable for long drives? How about the leg room of the back seats?
    Last edited by cocoy_g; July 13th, 2015 at 12:40 AM. Reason: Grammar check

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Thank you for the replies. Sirs, is the back seat comfortable for long drives? How about the leg room of the back seats?
    Seats are fairly comfortable for long drives, but not much side bolstering to support you when cornering. Rear legroom is awful though. The current Vios has much better legroom than the 10th gen Altis. There's no problem with elbow room for 3 passengers, but their knees will be banged up to the front seats.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Based on experience, okay naman siya, no complaints from my 5'7" son when going for out of town trips. Compared to the back seat of VIOS, I still prefer the ALTIS, since the VIOS back seat is more in the upright position.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Based on experience, okay naman siya, no complaints from my 5'7" son when going for out of town trips. Compared to the back seat of VIOS, I still prefer the ALTIS, since the VIOS back seat is more in the upright position.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Thanks sa mga response. I'll stick to my current baby for now. Ang layo kasi ng jump sa price. Kakayanin pero may iba pang priorities. And medyo attached pa ako sa Altis ko.

Anu anu pa ba ang mga pwede kong ipacheck sa mechanic para ma-improve ko over-all yung ride comfort ni Altis? Given na 7 years old na ang 10th gen, may mga wear and tears na sa ilalim for sure. Gusto ko lang alamin yung exact parts na pwedeng ipa-inspect sa mechanic. Thanks.

Upcoming project ko kasi yun for my Altis. To improve/enhance its ride comfort.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by nozidwerd View Post
    Thanks sa mga response. I'll stick to my current baby for now. Ang layo kasi ng jump sa price. Kakayanin pero may iba pang priorities. And medyo attached pa ako sa Altis ko.

Anu anu pa ba ang mga pwede kong ipacheck sa mechanic para ma-improve ko over-all yung ride comfort ni Altis? Given na 7 years old na ang 10th gen, may mga wear and tears na sa ilalim for sure. Gusto ko lang alamin yung exact parts na pwedeng ipa-inspect sa mechanic. Thanks.

Shocks really, and maybe your choice of rubber (choose a more comfort biased tyre) and then reapply the undercoating to add insulation.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by nozidwerd View Post

Shocks really, and maybe your choice of rubber (choose a more comfort biased tyre) and then reapply the undercoating to add insulation.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Hi to all Altis 10th Gen owners. Do you guys know what is fuel consumption of Altis 2.0V (CVT) compared to Altis 1.5G/1.5V (4AT)? Minimal difference lang ba? Thanks.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    My car battery is almost 3.5 years old and haven't replaced it since SA from CASA told me it is still in good condition. When did you replace yours?

Toyota Corolla 10th Generation Altis Owners [continued]