New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Hi All,

Sorry to sound like a total noob. I just have a stupid question. I found a Toyota OEM alarm with key case on sulit.com, i contacted the seller and told me they will only install the alarm and not the central lock. Im just alittle - well, alot confused because my car has central lock already. And the key case that they have are for the "newer" models. So my question is if i buy this alarm with key case, what would they need to install and would the key size work for my 2004 altis? Sorry for the question. I just have no idea how things work with my car, that's primarily why i joined this community. Thanks for your help in advance

2. Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm View Post
    Hi All,

Sorry to sound like a total noob. I just have a stupid question. I found a Toyota OEM alarm with key case on sulit.com, i contacted the seller and told me they will only install the alarm and not the central lock. Im just alittle - well, alot confused because my car has central lock already. And the key case that they have are for the "newer" models. So my question is if i buy this alarm with key case, what would they need to install and would the key size work for my 2004 altis? Sorry for the question. I just have no idea how things work with my car, that's primarily why i joined this community. Thanks for your help in advance
    I have the same question.
    Thanks

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm View Post
    Hi All,

yes i think that you need to install another keyless lock system dahil yung frequency of they key that they are selling is not compatible (or is not being read) by your existing alarm/keyless system.

yes, it will work. it all matters on changing the keyless sensor.

Toyota Altis 2004 Key Case