Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    I'm driving Altis 2010 2.0. A good car.

tiger turf sports fields

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Tolites63 View Post
    Mga Sir, Saan po kaya pwede ko pa clean yung MAF sensor ng car ko (2003 1.6e altis) ? I hear very sensitive daw po ito, Thanks
    You can DIY this. Just use carb cleaner or electric contact cleaner. Remove the MAF sensor (it's the part right after the airbox) and carefully spray the cleaner inside towards the hotwire of the sensor. Just don't touch the hotwire and spray from a good distance.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    change all fluids, all belts, cooling system check, aircon check, suspension alignment and noise check... then your good to go miles away

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    First things first, do a general check-up and service. That would mean getting a tune-up, changing the oil, oil filter, fuel filter, air filter, brake fluid, gear oil (or ATF), and power steering fluid. Check your suspension, serpentine belt, get an alignment and have the brakes cleaned. Have the MAF sensor cleaned with electric contact cleaner just as well.

The Altis engine is also prone to sludging if the previous owner did not change it every 5,000kms so you can have the mechanic check your engine as well by opening the valve cover and doing a visual inspection.

May cost you a bit but heck, its worth the peace of mind and starting fresh with your new vehicle
    sir vinj ok lang ba maglagay ng ibang atf sa altis like shell spirax thanks

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    i just got a 2003 altis E AT.
    it drives well enough.
    except, i can't move the AT stick from P to R to N to D to 2 to L and vice versa, as easily as i can with my other AT. parang may kinakalawang...
    i'm not new to AT, but this altis got me stumped.
    what can possibly be wrong, and what can i do DIY?

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i just got a 2003 altis E AT.
    it drives well enough.
    except, i can't move the AT stick from P to R to N to D to 2 to L and vice versa, as easily as i can with my other AT. parang may kinakalawang...
    i'm not new to AT, but this altis got me stumped.
    what can possibly be wrong, and what can i do DIY?
    You can try removing the center tunnel (the one with the handbrake and cupholders) to be able to access the shifter mechanism. Try to check if there's anything stuck, and try to grease up the shifter itself as well. Check also if any rubber bits have worn out.

I had the same case with my Mazda and solved it that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Wrong post...

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    You can try removing the center tunnel (the one with the handbrake and cupholders) to be able to access the shifter mechanism. Try to check if there's anything stuck, and try to grease up the shifter itself as well. Check also if any rubber bits have worn out.

I had the same case with my Mazda and solved it that way.

weekend mechanic, here we go again!
    thanks.
    susubukan.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    second issue.
    my driver seat doesn't slide back as much as i want it to. i believe this is factory spec, because i've seen it in other early toyotas.
    is there something that can be done, so's i can slide it further back and be more comfortable?

10. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    second issue.
    my driver seat doesn't slide back as much as i want it to. i believe this is factory spec, because i've seen it in other early toyotas.
    is there something that can be done, so's i can slide it further back and be more comfortable?
    New seats. Though check anyway if the sliding mechanism underneath is blocked. One of my friends is 5'10 but really healthy (if you get my drift), and he fits in his 2004 Vios which I believe has smaller seats than the '03 Altis.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Toyota altis 2003 1.6E