New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Help ! Just bought a Toyota Altis 2003 1.6e, what should I do to keep it good running condition.

Thanks

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    First things first, do a general check-up and service. That would mean getting a tune-up, changing the oil, oil filter, fuel filter, air filter, brake fluid, gear oil (or ATF), and power steering fluid. Check your suspension, serpentine belt, get an alignment and have the brakes cleaned. Have the MAF sensor cleaned with electric contact cleaner just as well.

The Altis engine is also prone to sludging if the previous owner did not change it every 5,000kms so you can have the mechanic check your engine as well by opening the valve cover and doing a visual inspection.

May cost you a bit but heck, its worth the peace of mind and starting fresh with your new vehicle

3. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    thanks a lot , follow up question, does it use a timing chain or belt?

Thanks again

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Timing chain. As long as the oil is regularly changed (every 5000kms, no need for synthetic), the timing chain should also last.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    sir vinj, may ma recommend ba kayo na carshop dito sa area ng pasig for my altis, thanks

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Try Servitek in Kapitolyo or Auto Camp, or Petron CCC near Auto Camp/ Home Depot (Across Meralco) along Ortigas Ave. if you're just doing the regular service.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Mga Sir, how much kaya po ang drive belt tensioner, maingay na po kasi yung sa altis ko eh, thanks again

8. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Punta ka sa Toyota Pasig along C5 to inquire for the price of tensioner. I suggest buy the original because it's an engine part para sure ka na matibay.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Thank you so much for the post. It's really useful. used bmw

10. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Mga Sir, Saan po kaya pwede ko pa clean yung MAF sensor ng car ko (2003 1.6e altis) ? I hear very sensitive daw po ito, Thanks

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Toyota altis 2003 1.6E