New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2007
    If you could afford to buy those expensive gargantuan SUV, why complaining the price of gas?

Go for it, magsasawa din sila sa katataas nila ng presyo.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005

I am quite certain that the SUV dealers will feel a pinch in their sales, because most of the people who are 'interested' in buying one would always ask its rated Km/L....

Normally, and I overhear their typical conversation with delight, the SA would always quote a number that is 2-3Km/L better than what is the generally-known rate of FC of that vehicle....

Talk about 'lying' just to secure a deal....

6110:pepsi:

3. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    I guess this is one of the reasons why the Ford Expeditions and F150 lost a lot of its market value in just a short time.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    madami na binebenta suv ngaun sa kalye X-trail, RAV4, Escape, CRV. seems that a lot of people can't stand the pressure

ang ganda nun isa X-trail nakita ko, halos bago pa pormado

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    we still own an '05 Ford Explorer EB. my dad doesnt usually use it anymore bec. yun na nga kulang pa yun 250 Liter na allowance nya from the company. yun lang occassional trips nya sa golf course around the provinces

pero pag ayaw na nya, I'll get it even to the extent of switching my SF to his Ford Explorer. i have already ran the numbers if ever I drive his car. and the unseen benefits outweigh the mere computation of expenses.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ringostarr View Post
    we still own an '05 Ford Explorer EB. my dad doesnt usually use it anymore bec. yun na nga kulang pa yun 250 Liter na allowance nya from the company. yun lang occassional trips nya sa golf course around the provinces

pero pag ayaw na nya, I'll get it even to the extent of switching my SF to his Ford Explorer. i have already ran the numbers if ever I drive his car. and the unseen benefits outweigh the mere computation of expenses.
    Is that so? ... So I guess you will be driving the Ford Explorer daily since you did say the unseen benefits outweighs the expenses of running it.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    A relative from the U.S. has this vehicle ownership history:

Ford Explorer > Jaguar (sedan) > Mercedes SUV > Ford v6 Escape.

They're feeling the rising oil pump prices over there. But SUVs are far from endangered.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    We never fell for the SUV craze throughout the late 90's and most of this decade because we let needs and practicality dictate what we'll buy. Oh well. It looks like this fad will pass us by too. No regrets.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Unless you are the owners of the few very large companies/corporations that earn tens of thousands of pesos for your personal account every few minutes even as you snore in your bed at night, the price of gasoline & diesel for your vehicles will still hurt you on a personal level.
    yung mga "public servants" lang naman natin ang nakaka afford na gumamit ng mga expeds at suburbans araw araw, at may mga convoy pa na 2 or 3 sasakyan. palibhasa di naman nila pera yung ginagastos nila eh.

but i think yung mga big v8 powered SUVs ang endangered. at least dito satin madami yung mga diesel variants na SUVs na mas matipid sa diesel relative to the american v8 powered SUVs.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    the falling demand is already here. those explorers and expeditions are actually not status symbols here in their main market - they are well within reach of the lower-middle class, especially if you dip into the used car market. so these are definitely people who will feel a terrible pinch as prices go up. add to that the fact that the average commute for Americans is getting longer and longer (and traffic in places like the RP gets worse and worse).

i keep my SUV because we are homeowners and are very active in our personal life...so we are constantly hauling around supplies, tools, appliances, and sports equipment...i don't know what we would do without it. but we try to drive my bmw into work, and are currently in the market for a more fuel efficient vehicle.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
SUVs plunge toward 'endangered list'?