New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2008
    tried to start up an old big body gli that has been unused for almost a year. put in a new battery but when i turned the ignition key, the dash indicator lights did not even light up and nothing happened. suspect the ignition switch is defective but would like some opinions before i take the thing apart. tia

2. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    naku sir! tagal di nagamit ah! una nyo pa check wiring, baka inamag na mga connections nyan. tapos saprk plug.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by goldrat View Post
    tried to start up an old big body gli that has been unused for almost a year. put in a new battery but when i turned the ignition key, the dash indicator lights did not even light up and nothing happened. suspect the ignition switch is defective but would like some opinions before i take the thing apart. tia
    Check if there is a good connection at the battery terminals.

Check by turning on the lights, horn, etc.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Check if there is a good connection at the battery terminals.

Check by turning on the lights, horn, etc.
    +1 on this.

hindi pwedeng ignition solenoid/switch ang problema mo since nasabi mo na walang indicator na lumabas sa dashboard (gauge) mo when you turned the key to "ON".

while at "ON", try opening your lights, if hindi nag-open (nothing happened), linisin mo contacts (yung kumakapit) sa battery terminals.

kung malinis na ang contact at ganun pa rin, might be nag-corrode na ang wires mo. kung may daga sa inyo baka nangatngat din.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by goldrat View Post
    sir, please check if the negative battery terminal is tightly connected to the body ground of the car, hope that this is most likely the cause of problem.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    mebbe your new battery isn't as new as you thought..

7. Join Date
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    mebbe your new battery isn't as new as you thought..
    forgot to mention that i also tried to start the gli hooked up to another car using jumper cables with the same results.

thank you for the replies. i listed them all down and will try them out this weekend. hope its something simple because an original ignition switch will costs 4K. WIZZARD said that it might be repairable for around P800.

starting problem