New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sa gas din ako between the two choices....

ang mahal nung injection pump nung d4d...pano na lang kung nasira yan pag tapos na nung warranty period??

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Thanks sa lahat! We decided to get the Innova G variant with the Gas Engine and Manual Transmission.

- JOHn

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    Gas if your concern about the environment & the health of the people or school children if you use your innova to bring your kids to school.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by andre
    Gas if your concern about the environment & the health of the people or school children if you use your innova to bring your kids to school.
    Gasoline exhausts are more poisonous than Diesel. Most people get the notion that Diesels are bad because of its black smokes.
    Signature

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Right now, gas variant should be your choice. With regards to nikky's post about diesel having a higher maintenance cost, well. I only change my oil every 5k km. and air cleaner every 6mos., no tune up, spark plugs, contact points (may gumagamit pa ba nito?)...hehehe. Highway speed, ehem pareho na po ang diesel and gas with regards to highway speed.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by number001
    The Innova "J" variant which happens to be the entry level model, is available in Gas (vvti) or Diesel (D4-D) variants. Manual transmission only.

The Innova "E" variant, the mid-level variant, is available in diesel (D4-D) only. Manual transmission only.

The Innova "G" variant, the top-end variant, is also available in Gas (vvti) or Diesel (D4-D) variants. Automatic or manual transmission
    Noted... I had to look it up muna... my mistake!

What I meant to say is that the cheapest variant is gas. Edited original post para walang ma-mislead.

Grabe nga pala, when I saw the price list, 50,000 pesos pala yung price difference.

Which means, even if oil changes for the diesel don't cost as much as I originally posted (sorry, afrasay, I'm just basing it on my casa experience with the 2.5D Crosswind), you'll still need to drive around 50,000km before you recoup the difference.

Nice choice, HoOn! I personally don't like paying that much for AUVs, but then, XUVi din yung Crosswind namin (highest variant), and I've got to admit, the extra toys are nice.

Now it's time to pimip that ride!

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    diesel... im not that sure if the D4d is as dependable as say, a Mitsu's 4D56.

im sure its fast though.

8. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi
    Gasoline exhausts are more poisonous than Diesel. Most people get the notion that Diesels are bad because of its black smokes.
    I cannot agree more..

9. FrankDrebin Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by niky
    Ay, additional:

Every 5000 km, your diesel costs will be around 16,000 pesos (given urban traffic), at about 10 km/l.

Every 5000 km, your gasoline costs will be around 23,000 pesos (given urban traffic), at about 8 km/l.

A 5000km checkup for a 2.5 liter diesel vehicle will cost you around 4500 (dunno if the Innova is the same), while the 5000km checkup for a 2.0 gas vehicle costs around 2500.

Total cost per 5000 km is around 20,500 for diesel, and 25,500 for gas. You save about 5,000 pesos for every 5,000 km, or about 1 peso per kilometer with the diesel version. That's merely a rough estimate, mind you.

I don't know how much the price difference between gas and diesel variants is, but that also factors into your decision making.

Hey, for anybody who knows, is the Innova VVTi still on the 5,000 km sched or at 10,000km? If it is at 10k km, then the savings drop to about 3,750 pesos per 5,000 km.

Which means you'll have to drive at least 30-40k km a year to make back the cost difference between getting the gas and the diesel.

Pero with the possible pump problems you'll get with the diesel once you're past warranty, and the fact that it's a turbo (I think), will mean relatively more maintenance costs after three years than the gas variant, which will have steady maintenance costs over five to seven years.

Hehehe. Kapag sa Casa ang service mahal talaga. Regarding sa Diesel at Gasoline Maintenance. Siguro depende sa Diesel engine. Like that of Isuzu (Highlander) 5000PMS, I only spend around P2K-3K. That is only 4 liters of oil and little oil filter unlike those of Mitsu's 4D56 gigantor filters and 6 liters of oil. Since truck-based naman ang Innova, expect na mas matibay ang underchassis niya unlike sa mga cars. Also, please bear in mind that Gasoline engines are composed of many parts like sensors thingies like computer box, O2, MAF, etc. In short, many parts means many to replace.

To answer the question, go for the Innova Gas. :D

10. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    From the Previous bad experience of the D4D 2.5 Innova!
    For me I'll go for GAS.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Should I buy the Gas or Diesel Innova?