New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Good day mga Sir

I would just like to get your opinions on this.

I am looking at a second-hand 2002 or 2003 (need to confirm this) Altis AT with a mileage of about 180kms already. However, the car was a company owned, thus it was always well taken cared of and probably casa maintained since its purchase date.

I just want to know what are the things that I need to look out for or what problems to expect in the future aside from a possible engine overhaul or gear-box replacement. Or, do I need to worry about something far worst than these?

Thank you all in advance for your inputs mga chief

2. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by BigHead View Post
    Good day mga Sir

I am looking at a second-hand 2002 or 2003 (need to confirm this) Altis AT with a mileage of about 180kms already. However, the car was a company owned, thus it was always well taken cared of and probably casa maintained since its purchase date.

I just want to know what are the things that I need to look out for or what problems to expect in the future aside from a possible engine overhaul or gear-box replacement. Or, do I need to worry about something far worst than these?

UP ko po Sana mga sirs.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Company owned meaning pa kotse ng company for a certain individual o pwedeng kahit sino gumamit within the company? Kung individual lang ang gumamit ok lang pero kung iba iba na, stay away na ko. Things to check: suspension, engine, transmission. Magsama ka ng trusted mechanic or kung pwede pa lift yung oto para macheck for possible leaks. Kung casa maintained pinaka importante macheck mo change oil interval, medyo prone daw sa sludge ang zz engines eh.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Good day mga Sir

unless there is definite proof at hindi kutob lang, na well-cared for ang very-high-mileage car na iyan, AVOID IT.
    personally, the only reason i would take that car myself, is if it were given to me for free. then, i'd sell it for parts or por kilo..

what would i fear in such a high-mileage car? rust, wear and tear, and metal fatigue!
    and since the car is mostly metal, then ... you get the gist..

a company-owned condition goes both ways.. if the company is swimming in cash, then probably yes. but if the company wants to keep expenses down...

5. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    unless there is definite proof at hindi kutob lang, na well-cared for ang very-high-mileage car na iyan, AVOID IT.
    personally, the only reason i would take that car myself, is if it were given to me for free. then, i'd sell it for parts or por kilo..

what would i fear in such a high-mileage car? rust, wear and tear, and metal fatigue!
    and since the car is mostly metal, then ... you get the gist..

a company-owned condition goes both ways.. if the company is swimming in cash, then probably yes. but if the company wants to keep expenses down...
    Agree for that Sir dr.d,

Saka sobrang bugbog po ang gamit pag company car (ginagawang service ng boss, or the higher position sa company, excessive driving both city and highway driving, linggo lang ang pahinga).

Kaya binebenta lang yan for disposal, kung employed ka naman sa certain company at yan ang service vehicle issue, may mga ibang company na ibibigay sa iyo yung sasakyan, (depende sa years) and bibigyan ka ulit ng panibagong issue ng sasakyan, or kung medyo sigurista ang company at kailangan pa rin nila ng income , ibebenta naman ng pinaka mababang resale value.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    if you must know...
    these company cars of at least 10 years old, have already been written off by the company.
    they may be just trying to make a fast buck by putting it in the market.
    the better cars are usually gobbled by the employees, who get first dibbs on them.
    what is released to the general public, are the rejects.
    do lotsa research before buying these..

7. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Good day mga Sir

If they are selling it way below the market value then it could be okay. Usually company vehicles are bidded out sa mga empleyado din, Is it being disposed by the company or by an employee? (who would make a profit out of it). If selling price is market value talo ka dyan.

If you have trusted insider information about the vehicle its better. Kung sa regular maintenance if sa casa talaga you could check sa warranty booklet however you could not be sure how many collision repair it has gone through since usually sa accredited repair shop ng insurance pinapagawa yan. And collision damage is the common problem sa company car (lalo na kung common use sya). I remember yung revo ng dating co. ni wifey, bubong lang ang walang body repair hehe

8. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    How much is the selling price TS? Sa books kasi 0 na ang value nyan. Starting bid dyan mga 40k pataas. Kung mura na sya, look at the service record. And bring a mechanic to check engine, transmission, electrical at general condition ng body.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    this would be a nightmare...
    after buying the car, you proceed to spruce it up, and you stumble upon the holes where the cables going to the taximeter passed thru...
    kung mamalasin, makita mupa yung toplight sa ilalim ng driver's seat!

10. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    So many factors to consider. Are you looking into this as a 'for keeps' car or just to tide you over til you're able to afford a new car?

I'd only consider it if:

1. If I need a 'pang-harabas' car
    2. If it's dirt-cheap AND never flooded
    3. It's going to be my son's first car when he gets old enough to drive in a few years

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Second-hand car with high mileage - pls help