New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Hello guys
    I'm quite new here so I need some help and advice. meron ako 2000 na GLI corolla so far my car still in very good shape kaya lang paulit ulit yong rust sa whidshield frame (top edge) medyo nakakaasar. So it is best to do a strip to metal repaint on this case? ( normally how much would be the cost)
    Or get a new body from Toyota any idea on how much aor anybody does this to theri car.

Thank you guys and appreciate your help and advice

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by kimsky65 View Post
    Hello guys
    I'm quite new here so I need some help and advice. meron ako 2000 na GLI corolla so far my car still in very good shape kaya lang paulit ulit yong rust sa whidshield frame (top edge) medyo nakakaasar. So it is best to do a strip to metal repaint on this case? ( normally how much would be the cost)
    Or get a new body from Toyota any idea on how much aor anybody does this to theri car.

Thank you guys and appreciate your help and advice

You will really need to get to the metal and treat the rust with an anti-rust solution.

Although I own a 1999 Corolla, I wouldn't know how much that kind of repair work would cost. My best estimate would either be P4000 to P5000 since you will need to repaint the entire roof and remove/reinstall the windshield to do the work properly.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Hi Bro

Thanks for the advice

4. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Grind down the rust to bare metal using a grinder power tool

Treat with rust converter

Apply body filler, sand down when dry.

Apply primer

Apply spraycan paint, or have it painted.

Rust on Windshield Frame & New Body