New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Good day sirs, bigla lang po ako nagkainterest in restoring a car for my own use. Was planning to look deep into the markets for a Toyota SR (mga '77-'78 po ata yun na 2-door).

Will this be a good idea or maraming issues ang model? Hoping that it's a Toyota, looking for parts would not be hard? Thank you very much.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Toyger View Post
    Good day sirs, bigla lang po ako nagkainterest in restoring a car for my own use. Was planning to look deep into the markets for a Toyota SR (mga '77-'78 po ata yun na 2-door).

Will this be a good idea or maraming issues ang model? Hoping that it's a Toyota, looking for parts would not be hard? Thank you very much.
    even if it's a toyota, it's still 35 years old.. i tried to do a '76 corona ... hirap parts hunting.. but perhaps i didn't know the right people then...(still don't know 'em now. heh heh..)

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'm restoring a 1977 Celeste now and parts for that are really hard to come by. I've been looking around at some old school websites and what I would consider the top 5 cars in terms of parts availability would be:

Lancer boxtype
    corolla DX
    Toyota corolla sprinter
    Toyota Starlet
    toyota Celica

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    For mechanical parts i would think you can still fix it. The hardest parts are usually sourcing the interior and exterior trim.

You'd have an easier time restoring a 1990s sedan (a AE92, AE111 Corolla or B13/B14 Sentra, Lancer, etc.).

5. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Medyo may kahirapan parts nyan pero doable pa rin naman.

May nakilala ako na nag restore ng 70's car nya kasi first car daw nya yun and it brings back memories. Umabot sya sa point na yung wala ng makitang parts sa surplus ay nag pa order pa sya sa Casa and sya na rin gumastos ng shipping... It took him a year and a half to finish it and umabot halos 600K gastos nya.

Good luck on your journey though if you plan to go through with this. Malaking patience kailangan mo dyan at tsaka malalim na bulsa