New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Update lang guys...

I got back the vios today. Mukhang na-solve naman yung rattling sound sa dashboard. Sana nga at yun na talaga. Nakakapraning lang tuloy mag-drive. I am so sensitive now with any weird sound.

It was fortunate that there were Toyota technical advisors from the planta visiting here in Toyota Baguio. They figured out the solution. I just hope that this the end of this problem.

* sir sirkosero, thanks for the number. They actually called me back to give me update on my vios while it is being checked.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    I am starting to believe that vios is a lemon or talagang malas lang ako.

It has been barely a month since I got my 2012 vios and I had to bring it back to the casa for at least three times already.

First, there was a rattling sound which I thought was coming from the steering column. As it turns out, galing pala sa dashboard.

Naayos naman ng casa although they were not able to totally remove the rattling sound.

Now, i brought it back last monday dahil may "tok" sound when cornering. The same sound occurs when going over humps. Di naman nila nahanap yung cause nung "tok" sound.

What the hell is wrong with this vios that I got?

Maingat ako mag-drive so I believe that it is not my fault. And, the point is, it is a brand new car.

Is there anyone here who experienced this problem with their vios so that I can tell the geniuses sa casa kung ano titingnan nila?

Thanks in advance for the replies.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by GBStJames View Post
    I am starting to believe that vios is a lemon or talagang malas lang ako.

It has been barely a month since I got my 2012 vios and I had to bring it back to the casa for at least three times already.

First, there was a rattling sound which I thought was coming from the steering column. As it turns out, galing pala sa dashboard.

Naayos naman ng casa although they were not able to totally remove the rattling sound.

Now, i brought it back last monday dahil may "tok" sound when cornering. The same sound occurs when going over humps. Di naman nila nahanap yung cause nung "tok" sound.

What the hell is wrong with this vios that I got?

Maingat ako mag-drive so I believe that it is not my fault. And, the point is, it is a brand new car.

Is there anyone here who experienced this problem with their vios so that I can tell the geniuses sa casa kung ano titingnan nila?

Thanks in advance for the replies.
    Where is the "tok" sound coming from? The front or rear?

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I think the "tok" sound is coming from the dash. When the chassis flexes while going over humps the dash rubs against the metal and "tok". Hinahayaan ko na lang

I also have this rattling sound sa may dash na parang may barya nahulog sa likod. May langitngit din sa A-pillar sa passenger side. Testaments to the cheap plastic Toyota uses in the Vios

You can ask the casa to fix these. Di naman sya nakakamatay. Nakakairita lang.
    Last edited by JohnM; March 28th, 2012 at 11:35 AM.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    i had this "tok" problem sa old altis ko. sa mga humps or sa mga biglang taas na road.

turns out, it was the suspension bushing big. wasak na. upon replacing, wala na ung sound.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
    I think the "tok" sound is coming from the dash. When the chassis flexes while going over humps the dash rubs against the metal and "tok". Hinahayaan ko na lang

I also have this rattling sound sa may dash na parang may barya nahulog sa likod. May langitngit din sa A-pillar sa passenger side. Testaments to the cheap plastic Toyota uses in the Vios

You can ask the casa to fix these. Di naman sya nakakamatay. Nakakairita lang.
    This makes sense...your explanation of the "tok" sound makes a lot of sense.
    Tamang tama yung description mo about the rattling sound. Parang mga barya na inaalog yung tunog.
    I will discuss this with the technical advisors from the planta. Pupunta daw sila sa Toyota Baguio after the holy week.
    It is good to know that this is not a safety issue and once again you are right. These sounds are irritating.
    Last edited by GBStJames; March 29th, 2012 at 08:24 PM. Reason: additional info

7. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jpt822 View Post
    i had this "tok" problem sa old altis ko. sa mga humps or sa mga biglang taas na road.

turns out, it was the suspension bushing big. wasak na. upon replacing, wala na ung sound.
    The problem is my vios is new. So, malabo pa siguro na bushings ang problema. Unless...

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Na chamba ka siguro bro sa unit mo. Kasi nag ka vios na kami dati wala naman rattles pero meron naman static haha. Same with my friends pero other than that tibay ng Vios. Pero yun other Toyota namin na gawang Thailand eh may mga issue na nag iingay pero di sa dash, yun isa sa brake pedal yun isa sa likod.

Sana maayos na yan kasi nakaka irita. Ewan ko ba sa mga units na galing Thailand, parang daming issues.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    [QUOTE=msg;1901570]Na chamba ka siguro bro sa unit mo. Kasi nag ka vios na kami dati wala naman rattles pero meron naman static haha. Same with my friends pero other than that tibay ng Vios. Pero yun other Toyota namin na gawang Thailand eh may mga issue na nag iingay pero di sa dash, yun isa sa brake pedal yun isa sa likod.

Sana maayos na yan kasi nakaka irita. Ewan ko ba sa mga units na galing Thailand, parang daming issues.[/QUOTE

sir i think I know you hehe. tama si sir msg maayos sir ung mga vios kung makikita nyo lng und dati namin na vios magtataka kyo kung pano sya nag survive ng walang major issues hehe ang change oil is every 20tkms and ndi nakakarwash for about mga 4 months na every day driven tapos ang karga sa trunk minsan cement or gravel....pero even ganun ka abused ung car wala rattle or sira suspension. bka sir konting mga problems lng yan ksi nung dati nakuha namin innova may mga slight problems din like ung wiper and ung rattling sound sa pillar. brought it to the casa sa toyota pasong tamo. ok naman after wala na naging issue pero i think mga twice din dinala sa casa bago ma solve ung rattling sa pillar

10. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    reminds me of our lancer singkit. from the day we got it from the casa, that issue never disappeared even when the steering wheel was replaced (years after). it was very disappointing to say the least

hope you find resolution in your predicament
    Last edited by baludoy; April 1st, 2012 at 10:09 AM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Rattling sound sa steering wheel 2012 vios