New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Just got our 2012 vios a few days ago. I have no complaints except for this occasional rattling sound somewhere in the in the steering wheel. I am taking it to the casa by Monday and have it checked. Has anyone experienced this with their vios? Thanks.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Congrats on your new car! Well so far, I haven't experienced any rattling sound somewhere in the steering wheel. But I think it's some loose clip in the dashboard. BTW, I drive the 1.3 E M/T variant.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Never encountered this before on my in-laws' Vios (2007). Best to have a warranty check and claim on it immediately. Better if you can take a test drive with the SA to show the rattling sound and if they can take it apart where you can watch/observe so you're sure they do the fix properly and no other clips are lost or are missing when they return the dash.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Hi guys! I had the vios check sa casa yesterday (Monday). The SA referred me to a mechanic. After the test drive, the mechanic said that the "moulding" on the left pillar seems to be loose. They did something and the rattling sound disappeared but it is back again. LiempoBoi is probably right about the loose clipboard in the dashboard. The rattling sound disappears when I press on the dashboard. Anyway, i'll bring it back to the casa. I will maximize the warranty. Thanks for the replies.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    yup tama po maximize nyo warranty.. mas maasikaso sa casa pag below 5K kms po odo nyo..after nun eh parang ordinary customer na lang kayo hehe..

6. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Update lang guys.

Binalik ko sa casa today yung vios. After the test drive with a mechanic, he agreed that the rattling sound is still present. Sabi nya mukhang nasa dashboard and problema. It took them the whole day to fix (?) it. Nung makita ko yung dasboard, may mga foam insulations na nilagay sa mga gaps. After another test drive, may rattling sound pa rin pero di na kasing lakas nung bago nila inayos(?). Sabi ko ganun din nung una kong dinala sa kanila. Hihina pero lalakas din after a while. The annoying thing is the ugly state of the dashboard now. It defeats the purpose of getting a brand new car. The SA said that they will do everything daw para maayos. Nauubos ang gas ko kakatest drive. Kaunti na lang at maiinis na ako. Kapag sinusuwerte ka nga naman...

7. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    anong casa yan? try mo to get in touch with toyota philippines

8. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Dito sa TOYOTA Baguio yung casa. I'll bring back the vios on monday as we agreed upon. May darating daw na mga taga planta. They will have the car evaluated by them. At least that is what they told me. I will see what will happen on monday. If they cannot solve the problem, I will give them a problem.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    try calling 028192912 and let them know your problem. thats toyota philippines customer service.

sure na gagawan ng solution agad yan

10. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by sirkosero View Post
    try calling 028192912 and let them know your problem. thats toyota philippines customer service.

sure na gagawan ng solution agad yan
    Thanks. I will give them a call.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Rattling sound sa steering wheel 2012 vios