New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    mga master bago lang ako. bumili ako ng Toyota Corolla XL 1997 nililinis ko sya kahapon. i started ng engine nagtaka lang ako bakit di umiikot yung fan ng radiator ko? normal ba yun? sabi kasi ng pinagbilan ko normal na laging nasa gitna yung temp gauge ko pero di raw nag ooverheat yun, never kopa na drive ng malayuan. anu po ba advice nyo sakin mga master?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    umiikot un fan mo, mag panic ka pag ung needle ng temperature mo nasa 3/4 na, tumaas sa 1/2

3. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    ano ba talaga? umiikot yung fan o hinde?

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by majorpain30 View Post
    mga master bago lang ako. bumili ako ng Toyota Corolla XL 1997 nililinis ko sya kahapon. i started ng engine nagtaka lang ako bakit di umiikot yung fan ng radiator ko? normal ba yun? sabi kasi ng pinagbilan ko normal na laging nasa gitna yung temp gauge ko pero di raw nag ooverheat yun, never kopa na drive ng malayuan. anu po ba advice nyo sakin mga master?
    kusa mag o-on yung fan pag uminit

syempre di pa iikot yung fan pag start mo malamig pa eh

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    i would not worry if the fan stays off when starting the cool engine in the morning. modern cars have thermostats controlling their fans. these fans will turn on, once the engine runs and reaches a certain hot temperature. after the engine cools and the temperature falls to a certain level, these fans will automatically turn off. now, some owners have bypassed the thermostats, for reasons only they can fathom. these fans are always on. sometimes, the fans or the thermostat sending units become defective. when this happens and you don't observe your temp gauge, the engine will overheat..
    the normal temperature range is when the needle is about the center, give or take a little over or under.. i would worry if the needle goes 3/4..
    Last edited by dr. d; February 11th, 2012 at 06:09 PM.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i would not worry if the fan stays off when starting the cool engine in the morning. modern cars have thermostats controlling their fans. these fans will turn on, once the engine runs and reaches a certain hot temperature. after the engine cools and the temperature falls to a certain level, these fans will automatically turn off. now, some owners have bypassed the thermostats, for reasons only they can fathom. these fans are always on. sometimes, the fans or the thermostat sending units become defective. when this happens and you don't observe your temp gauge, the engine will overheat..
    the normal temperature range is when the needle is about the center, give or take a little over or under.. i would worry if the needle goes 3/4..

guys, ask ko lang, sorry ha... i admit, i'm just starting to learn about cars... i worry about my car's radiator fan too. hindi sya nagstart agad... sure na hindi masisira ang engine pag ganun? pwede bang i-drive ng malayo pag ganun? just asking... thanks in advance! =)

7. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    if you want to see if it turns on, drive it around until it reaches operating temp. Stop in a safe place and pop your hood, and wait for a few mins for the fan to automatically turn on and off. The thermoswitch turns on at approx 92C coolant temp.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by kaeru618157 View Post
    if you want to see if it turns on, drive it around until it reaches operating temp. Stop in a safe place and pop your hood, and wait for a few mins for the fan to automatically turn on and off. The thermoswitch turns on at approx 92C coolant temp.
    Ano po kaya ang sira kung di umiikot ang radiator fan kahit mainit na ang makina? sinubukan ko paandarin gamit ang stick ng barbeque umandar sya tapos nung nag-auto off kasi medyo lumamig na yung radiator, di na ulit nag-automatic on kasabay ng fan ng aircon. ano po kaya ang problema, carbon brush? salamat po.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    yung fan motor na yan. Palitan mo na.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    japan surplus 700pesos

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Radiator fan not working