New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Bring it to Speedyfix medyo pricey pero reliable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tsikot Car Forums

2. Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Yup. I explained to the mrs. The importance of the engine to treat it like a long term investment. Though im still hoping there are no more major issues after this. The tsikot does run fine whether the ac is on or off. No kalampag as verified by the mechanics who drove it. They were a little weirded out being the engine having issues and all and it sounds and runs smoothly.

I hope as well when the engine issue has been addressed, the fuel consumption would improve. Just today we spent 700 on fuel from balintawak to fairview. An almost 2 hr traffic at mindanao and visayas ave plus 20 mins. From t. Sora to fairview, then another 30 mins going home via sauyo. And the gas warning light came up again.

Saan po ang speedyfix?

Sent from my C5503 using Tsikot Forums Mobile App mobile app

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Have the engine fixed properly and worry about the stereo after. What is the point of a car stereo when the car doesn't work?

Oil and water mixing is a sign of a water gasket failure. Nothing fatal but it means you will have to remove the engine head to replace.

While the head is off, take the opportunity to check the valves and piston rings via drip down test to make sure the rest of the engine is in good condition. As for the timing belt, given you don't know when it was last replaced, it is recommended to check and maybe replace if it is already out of spec.

It might seem expensive but doing this will help ensure less headache later.

Sent from my Nokia 5110 using Tsikot app.
    I'd go with this. Have a compression test done first then you work from there. I had a busted piston rings on a Corolla 2E before and the overhaul work was affordable; 20K was more than enough for parts and labor at a talyer, as long as you don't have a cracked cylinder head (bought OEM parts from Banawe). This included replacing the water pump and timing belt already. You will save more by purchasing the parts on your own; try Toyorama in Banawe or Celica along Araneta Ave.

As for the orange sealant they pointed out at, was this on the valve cover only? Maybe they just resealed it to prevent oil leaks.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2012
    You are correct sir vinj. I will definitely visit those shops in banawe

Sent from my C5503 using Tsikot Forums Mobile App mobile app

5. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by zarathos View Post
    just purchased a 92 corolla ae92 small body. napansin ko lang madalas may white smoke pa nag hi rev while parked. and amoy gas. we had shell mindanao ave. change the oil, spark plugs. oil, air, fuel filter. change fuel fron 95 octane xcs to 91 octane shell fuel save. fuel economy I think is bad as a 34 ltr gas took only 4 days running 36 kms. from home to work to home daily.

the mechanics advised baka daw panis na gas. but we bought the car on near empty fuel. they told me to observe but it is still happening. they also advised it might be the carburetor. they also pointed out the engine was recently overhauled as evidence of orange sealant could be seen, the engine bay was cleaned as well.

im thinking loose compression since its a 21 yr old car. im no car guru and I would like to ask for help on how to fix, what dealer and where near balintawak area can I take my vehicle for further inspection.

thank you in advance for the inputs
    may nabasa akong thread dito yung 2e corolla 91 engine "failed overhaul", search mo lang and I think you will learn something from it...

6. Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Flipo View Post
    may nabasa akong thread dito yung 2e corolla 91 engine "failed overhaul", search mo lang and I think you will learn something from it...
    i've read the link and it is helpful. thank you sir
    http://tsikot.com/forums/toyota-cars...verhaul-81193/

i am hoping the engine is not yet at .75mm

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    get the carburetor checked by an expert ... its probably the culprit for excessive fuel consumption and those usok/amoy

8. Join Date
    Nov 2012
    im also been reading this thread

http://tsikot.com/forums/other-troub...verhaul-46915/

for reference na din sa mga newbie like me

speedyfix gave me a rough estimate and its at 40-50k huhuhu

9. Join Date
    Nov 2012
    after getting help from one of my best friends who happen to be a part of ae92.ph, we had the top overhaul done as there was no "alog" on the pistons. The culprit was the water leaking and mixing everywhere. so that has been addressed by my friend's recommended shop.

once done, we're off to kamuning to have the carburetor overhauled so that the gas consumption will hopefully improve drastically.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2012
    so i've got the top overhaul done. replaced sparkplugs with toyota ones.
    had the radiator overhauled.
    had the carburetor overhauled at a&m in kamuning.

now the carb guy is telling me may singaw ang exhaust.

i had the exhaust manifold checked, top is good but the bottom part is missing a nut. bad part of it is, the head of the missing nut was the one missing. the screw was still inside.

good thing is, hindi na sya mausok na puti at hindi na din amoy gas.

of all these things that has been done with the engine, i still feel the fuel mileage is bad, it improved a little bit though. from kamuning to baesa caloocan, P300.- worth of gas. a few traffic places, and again im near empty.

any inputs po?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12