New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    so is it final, wala ngang change sa suspension????
    how come sa mga pictures sa itaas, may picture ng suspension?? di kaya isa ito sa mga mods for the 2009 fort?

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    baka sa thailand lang merong change sa suspenson., toyota would be stupid if they did not change the suspension or improve on it man lang. because the suspension ang madalas complain ng mge innova owner.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by bankai View Post
    hindi po ba sinabi boss kung kelan ilalabas yung fortuner? can't wait na si erpats e
    Bankai, Toyota Makati will have a display of the new Fort in their showroom on October 4, but you can start reserving for a unit right now. I did not ask my SA when the unit will be released, though. I'm assuming they can release the unit 2nd week of October if you make a reservation now, but don't quote me on that.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by lymar07 View Post
    leonleon, thanks for the info bro (and congrats sa bago mong MS..i read it in another forum )

so tama yung SA na nagsabi sa atin na 30k increase lang for the new fort. someone from the service dept of toyota told me rin na hindi nagbago ang suspension nitong bagong fort. actually, yung gulong ng dating fort ay pang off-road daw kaya matigas. so yun lang daw ang kailangan palitan para lumambot ang ride...at, pwede raw palitan yung springs sa likod para lalong lumambot (P12k worth ng 2 springs daw). sana man lang sinama na nila yung pagbago ng suspension sa bagong fort.

IMO, with these "minor" changes in the so-called new Fortuner, Montero will win the competition ....
    Thanks Lymar07. Got the MS in favor of the Sta. Fe.

As for the Fortuner, thinking of getting one to replace an aging 1st gen CRV, but nothing's final yet. And yes, the price increase of 30K is correct.

I asked my SA if they will be giving discounts for the new Fort, and all I was told was that nothing's final yet, though they are accepting reservations.

Saw this link about the new Fort from a search engine: http://www.markmotorsthailand.com/fortuner.html

Note that there is no mention about better suspension set up, so I guess they did not change the setup. The only way we'll know for sure is when we get to test drive an actual unit.

If there is no suspension change, the six million dollar question now is whether to get the old Fort with a discount of 70K, or the new one with a price increase of 30K?

5. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Note that there is no mention about better suspension set up, so I guess they did not change the setup. The only way we'll know for sure is when we get to test drive an actual unit.

If there is no suspension change, the six million dollar question now is whether to get the old Fort with a discount of 70K, or the new one with a price increase of 30K? [/quote]

leonleon, that's true, one would be in a dilemma whether to get the old fort w/ a discount of 70k (and use it to improve the suspension, etc) or buy the new one, and cough up an additional 30k, but get the new look...the woes of buying a new car!! sheesh!

6. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    may nakasalubong akong new Fortuner sa otis manila (silver 2.7G ata).. papunta ata sa Toyota Otis.

mas may dating naman keysa lumang Fort.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    i watched the youtube videos of the new fortuner.. Its already Full time 4WD and has cruise control? Or its just for thailand market?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    May reservation ako last week for a white 3.0 fort sa Toyota Dagupan.Mga 1st or 2nd week pa ng Oct delivery alam ko,but suprisingly, my SA called me yesterday na ready na daw unit ko tom,Monday,Sept. 29.E wla pa approval ng bank ko e,nakakuha kc me ng lowest deaL sa bank rate from ucpb dagupan, 6.5% p.a.dami lang requirements....pero ok lang..

9. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    May reservation na ako last week pa for a white 3.0 fort sa Toyota Dagupan.Mga 1st or 2nd week pa ng Oct delivery alam ko,but suprisingly, my SA called me yesterday na ready na daw unit ko tom,Monday,Sept. 29.E wla pa approval ng bank ko e,nakakuha kc me ng lowest deaL sa bank from ucpb, 6.5% p.a.dami lang requirements....pero ok lang..

10. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    it's official - no change in the suspension, no navsat controls, no cruise control either.

although they say that suspension is softer now...SA doesn't know why...hmmm.

i was at a toyota showroom this afternoon and looked at the white 3.0 diesel fortuner. facelift lang talaga. the headlight and taillight housings are just embossed (naka alsa like the new altis), darker leather interior (which i like better than the old fort), stereo h/u is ipod-ready, rear overhead a/c vents have 2 rows (1 for the 2nd row seats and 1 for the 3rd row seats).

still don't know whether to become a member of the fortuner club or the outlander club hehe

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Official 2008 Toyota Fortuner Minor change pictures & video gallery