New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Thank you all for the inputs. Overhaul, ouch! Hope it's something else but if clutch is really the problem then so be it. It's fine for me to spend for a fix the will make that problem go away. What's frustrating is the casa/technician make you spend and spend but the problem is not getting solved just like what the casa I've mentioned did to me. I've spent P9,200 already but I'm not seeing light at the end of the tunnel so to speak. It made me doubt so I backed out and learned that somehow I need to have ideas about the problem. That's why I posted this problem here hoping I can learn from experienced people like you and I did. So thanks again. I'm planning on taking the car to Toyota service center which I think is my best bet otherwise if you could recommend reputable transmission technician/casa out there then I would greatly appreciate that.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    ^^ better buy a surplus Automatic tranny than to overhaul. halos di nagkakalayo ng presyo.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by samcoy View Post
    Thank you all for the inputs. Overhaul, ouch! Hope it's something else but if clutch is really the problem then so be it. It's fine for me to spend for a fix the will make that problem go away....
    I am 100% sure, based on the way you described the problem, the problem is A/T related & not brakes. Either valve body or clutches. The thing is kung di nakuha sa valve body cleaning, the last option is overhaul - palit lahat ng internal parts & A/T fluid.
    Good luck!

4. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Bad news from Toyota Pasig, ECU na pang manual daw nakakabit sa car. :whoa: To verify I checked it out myself, the attached label shows the model is 89661-02870 and there's also caption 3ZZ-FE M/T. I also did some research through the internet and it appears that indeed it's for manual tranny. I would like to verify from you guys as well if you happen to know that specific ECU model. More importantly, I would like to know if it does makes sense that it is the cuase of low power. Cause if I have it replaced and there's more to fix then I'll consider other option.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    ^^ thats really a sucker samcoy. sorry to here that, i'll check tomorrow morning whats written/labeled on my ecu. i have an altis on 3zzfe MT.

so maybe, your car is a ondoy victim.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Sounds like a failed attempt at restoring it after the flood.

I would bring it back to the seller. Given the circumstances, I think it wasn't sold to you in good faith.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by aejhayl17 View Post
    ^^ thats really a sucker samcoy. sorry to here that, i'll check tomorrow morning whats written/labeled on my ecu. i have an altis on 3zzfe MT.
    Thanks sir! I'll wait for your update. May kilala ka ba na may matic? If you can do me another favor or somebody else here can you give me the model of ECU?

Quote Originally Posted by aejhayl17 View Post
    so maybe, your car is a ondoy victim.
    probably, actually that's the conclusion of Toyota. To be honest, I doubted them at first thinking they're just trying to sell me their stock but after seeing it myself now I'm convinced.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    Sounds like a failed attempt at restoring it after the flood.

I would bring it back to the seller. Given the circumstances, I think it wasn't sold to you in good faith.
    The seller is cooperating in solving the problem so let's see. Mahal ko na din yung auto eh. Yun ang last resort ko.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Just wondering how come the car can upshift and downshift with manual ECU unless they did some modification. Any idea?

10. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by samcoy View Post
    Just wondering how come the car can upshift and downshift with manual ECU unless they did some modification. Any idea?
    According to the Toyota's service advisor M/T and A/T have similar sensors that's why the car still work but with less power as not all the sensors of A/T are utilized.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Mahina hatak a/t