New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Fellow tsikoteers baka may idea kayo. Mahina hatak kapag naka-stop tapos gas pedal kapag nakashift sa D lalo na kapag pataas ramdam yung problem. Malakas naman hatak sa L kaya kapag pataas kelangan i-shift to L pa. Pinalitan na a/t fluid, overhauled na yung throttle body and tuned up na din pero ganun pa din. Last finding sa casa is naka-engage daw agad to 2nd gear kapag naka-D which is dapat sa first gear muna. Do you think that's true and ano kelangan ayusin dun? For the meantime, sabi ng technician is magshift daw muna to L tapos kapag naka-40kph na tsaka i-shift sa D. Tama din po ba yun?

2. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    ano sasakyan?

ano model?

ano makina?

ilan na milyahe?baka singaw na valve kaya mahina na hatak..dahil na rin sa matanda na siguro sasakyan

Last finding sa casa is naka-engage daw agad to 2nd gear kapag naka-D which is dapat sa first gear muna.
    dapat naka 1st gear muna ang D

3. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    starex namin D lang ako paakyat baguio 9kami sakay hanggang carrier may karga kayang kaya nman...

4. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    altis 2003 and 67000 sa odometer po. Kung singaw po sa valve di po ba dapat mahina din hatak sa L? Mahina lang po kasi kapag naka-D.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by adapilado View Post
    abaka singaw na valve kaya mahina na hatak..dahil na rin sa matanda na siguro sasakyan
    anung valve po ang sumisingaw?

dapat naka 1st gear muna ang D

starex namin D lang ako paakyat baguio 9kami sakay hanggang carrier may karga kayang kaya nman...
    sir, anu kinalaman ng pagakyat ng starex niyo sir?

Quote Originally Posted by samcoy View Post
    altis 2003 and 67000 sa odometer po. Kung singaw po sa valve di po ba dapat mahina din hatak sa L? Mahina lang po kasi kapag naka-D.
    any abuse of the tranny? did you follow the pms diligently? at 67k km, your ZZ is showing signs of worn tranny or the ecu(controls the shifting). its too early.

have a 2nd opinion outside casa, yung reputable for tranny works (kung tranny ang may problem).

na-ondoy ba yan?
    Last edited by aejhayl17; May 1st, 2010 at 07:53 AM.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    *aejhay, 2nd hand yung car so di ko alam talaga history pero di yun na-Ondoy. But when the a/t fluid was drained, it's dirty so parang di naalagaan but there's no sign of flood residue. I'm thinking of bringing it to Toyota casa so hopefully I can get a conclusive answer from them.

Can you suggest any reputable casa/shop for this problem around marikina/antipolo/makati?

7. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Fellow tsikoteers baka may idea kayo. Mahina hatak kapag naka-stop tapos gas pedal kapag nakashift sa D lalo na kapag pataas ramdam yung problem. Malakas naman hatak sa L kaya kapag pataas kelangan i-shift to L pa. Pinalitan na a/t fluid, overhauled na yung throttle body and tuned up na din pero ganun pa din. Last finding sa casa is naka-engage daw agad to 2nd gear kapag naka-D which is dapat sa first gear muna. Do you think that's true and ano kelangan ayusin dun? For the meantime, sabi ng technician is magshift daw muna to L tapos kapag naka-40kph na tsaka i-shift sa D. Tama din po ba yun?

your "CASA" technician was not properly trained. toyota transmissions are default to 2 when at a stop and in D range. this is called anti-squat control, as the vehicle moves, it downshifts to L and upshift accordingly. what vehicle year, model, transaxle model and mileage do you have? what exactly is happening in a language that does not leave anybody guessing?

8. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jick.cejoco View Post
    your "CASA" technician was not properly trained. toyota transmissions are default to 2 when at a stop and in D range. this is called anti-squat control, as the vehicle moves, it downshifts to L and upshift accordingly. what vehicle year, model, transaxle model and mileage do you have? what exactly is happening in a language that does not leave anybody guessing?
    That's very enlightening sir Jick. So ang problem po is hindi sya nag-dodownshift tama po ba?

Altis J 2003 and at 67000 na po mileage. Transaxle? Ano po yun at san ko makikita so I can give answer?

Ganito po nangyayari let's say from parking lot:
    1) Start the engine
    2) Step on the brake then shift to D
    3) Release handbrake then release brake pedal.
    4) Depress the Gas Pedal to forward. Usually have to reach approx 1500 rpm to move. If I'm not mistaken, at D the car should move automatically w/o depressing the gas pedal.

Kapag pataas naman approximately 30 degrees at naka-stop, either have to floor the gas pedal or shift to L para maka-forward. Take note, lakas ng hatak kapag nag-shift to L. Kapag slightly inclined approximately 5 to 10 degrees at nakalubog sa lubak yung rear wheel I have to floor or shift to L para maka-forward from stop position.

Ano po cause ng problem and ano kelangan i-fix?
    Last edited by samcoy; May 1st, 2010 at 11:33 PM. Reason: correction

9. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    That's very enlightening sir Jick. So ang problem po is hindi sya nag-dodownshift tama po ba?

Altis J 2003 and at 67000 na po mileage. Transaxle? Ano po yun at san ko makikita so I can give answer?

Ganito po nangyayari let's say from parking lot:
    1) Start the engine
    2) Step on the brake then shift to D
    3) Release handbrake then release brake pedal.
    4) Depress the Gas Pedal to forward. Usually have to reach approx 1500 rpm to move. If I'm not mistaken, at D the car should move automatically w/o depressing the gas pedal.

Kapag pataas naman approximately 30 degrees at naka-stop, either have to floor the gas pedal or shift to L para maka-forward. Take note, lakas ng hatak kapag nag-shift to L. Kapag slightly inclined approximately 5 to 10 degrees at nakalubog sa lubak yung rear wheel I have to floor or shift to L para maka-forward from stop position.

Ano po cause ng problem and ano kelangan i-fix?

at this time, it is difficult to say what is causing it. here are a few tests/question and answers:
    1. does the MIL (malfunction indicator light flash or is ON
    2. does the symptom happen regardless of the coolant temperature?
    3. what was, to your recollection, the last thing done to the transmission/transaxle
    4. perform a stall test. here's how it is done:
    a. warm the engine up to normal operating temperature
    b. chock your drive wheels
    c. apply parking brakes firmly
    d. apply service brakes and hold brakes until end of test
    e. shift to D range and rev engine up
    f. observe your tachometer and record the rpm where it stops climbing
    g. shift to R range and repeat step f

10. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    at this time, it is difficult to say what is causing it. here are a few tests/question and answers:
    1. does the MIL (malfunction indicator light flash or is ON
    No.

2. does the symptom happen regardless of the coolant temperature?
    Encountering it always so I think yes.

3. what was, to your recollection, the last thing done to the transmission/transaxle
    The a/t fluid was replaced and that's part of the effort to fix the problem.

4. perform a stall test. here's how it is done:
    a. warm the engine up to normal operating temperature
    b. chock your drive wheels
    c. apply parking brakes firmly
    d. apply service brakes and hold brakes until end of test
    e. shift to D range and rev engine up
    f. observe your tachometer and record the rpm where it stops climbing
    g. shift to R range and repeat step f
    at D is 2000 rpm
    at R is 2100 rpm

Let me know if more info is needed.