New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    nagpa overall assessment/check-up ka ba sa casa noong nakuha mo yan car mo sir?

2. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by aejhayl17 View Post
    nagpa overall assessment/check-up ka ba sa casa noong nakuha mo yan car mo sir?
    Hindi ser. Nagdala lang ng mekaniko.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by samcoy View Post
    Hindi ser. Nagdala lang ng mekaniko.
    maybe nagmintis mekaniko mo sa pagtingin sa tranny

4. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    No.

Encountering it always so I think yes.

The a/t fluid was replaced and that's part of the effort to fix the problem.

at D is 2000 rpm
    at R is 2100 rpm

Let me know if more info is needed.

let's go back to basics. are the brakes dragging? to find out, raise one tire at a time and hand spin the wheel and tire. listen for unusual noises and dragging. repeat procedure on the other tires. check fluid level and condition. you mentioned it had just been replaced but check just the same. fluid level check with the engine running after having shifted to all gear positions for at least two seconds each. if you could, have the pressures checked both line pressure and the governor pressure. is your transmission electronic? does it have throttle valve cable( cable next to the accelerator cable)?

5. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jick.cejoco View Post
    let's go back to basics. are the brakes dragging? to find out, raise one tire at a time and hand spin the wheel and tire. listen for unusual noises and dragging. repeat procedure on the other tires. check fluid level and condition. you mentioned it had just been replaced but check just the same. fluid level check with the engine running after having shifted to all gear positions for at least two seconds each. if you could, have the pressures checked both line pressure and the governor pressure. is your transmission electronic? does it have throttle valve cable( cable next to the accelerator cable)?
    I'll try these all later and you're very helpful. Thanks man!

I just learned that the transaxle of the car is A246E so it's electronic.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    *Jick, just to make sure I'll do it right...do I need to shift the gear to N?

7. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    *Jick, just to make sure I'll do it right...do I need to shift the gear to N?

when you brought the car to the dealership, did you have the pcm scanned and what trouble codes came out? if this car was not submerged in ondoy, it might be a simple misadjustment or corrosion on wiring terminals
    Last edited by jick.cejoco; May 3rd, 2010 at 09:44 AM.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    I put the gear to neutral to check dragging brakes. On each rear tires, there's a part that drags the wheel and there's a part that is freewheeling as it rotates but there's more drag at the right wheel. At the front, both wheels are restrained where I have to apply more force to rotate them than at the rear. The right wheel produces squeaking sound as it rotates while on the left one there's a sound as if metal surfaces are rubbing against each other. These are not normal right? Is this the culprit?

9. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    I put the gear to neutral to check dragging brakes. On each rear tires, there's a part that's dragging and there's a part that is freewheeling as the wheel rotates but there's more drag at the right wheel. At the front, both wheels are restrained where I have to apply more force to rotate them than at the rear. The right wheel produces squeaking sound as it rotates while on the left one there's a sound as if metal surfaces are rubbing against each other. These are not normal right? Have we spotted the problem?

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    samcoy,
    I read through your posts.
    First of all your car problem is not dragging brakes, because if this is the case, a dragging brake that slows down a car that much the brakes will burn out.
    Uusok yung brake mo na naka-engage. So forget the brakes.
    You said, your car just went through valve-body cleaning & A/T fluid change.
    Questions:
    1) did you use the correct fluid?
    2) was the valve body cleaning done properly? Original parts?
    If you answered both questions YES, then I'm sorry to say you have an A/T clutch problem. Yes, you read it right CLUTCH. Meron maliliit na clutch per gear ang A/T.
    I guess the only solution here is overhaul.
    Another follow up question to you:
    When the car reaches a certain RPM before it begins to move, do you feel that the gears engage suddenly? Biglaan ba? & do you hear a "thud" sound? Or is the movement smooth like normal?
    Let me explain futher. Pls read carefully:
    The valve body in a A/T is that device that chooses which gear to engage based on the ff: lever position, engine speed, car speed, accelerator depth (apak mo) & load. All this signals are taken into consideration so as the valve body engages the right gear for a certain condition.
    The valve body is powered by vacuum taken from the engine.
    Now, the reason why I ask you if there's a "thud" sound or does the gear engage suddenly, its because the valve body may not be working properly & it requires a certain RPM thus vacuum pressure for it to push the gear may not be enough.
    So kung mahina ang push niya sa gear then mahina din ang engage ng gear.
    Gets?
    Now, if the valve body work was done properly then its the A/T clutch of the gears ang problem. Im sorry to say, if its the clutch then you'll have to do an overhaul.
    Additional comments:
    1) Yes, most A/T starts with gear 2! Mali yung Toyota mechanic.
    2) 67,000kms & you have a problem like this? I doubt the mileage or maybe the car was abused. Usually, this problem comes around 100,000++kms.
    I hope this helps.

BTW, this are the replaceable parts inside an A/T. Clucthes, bands, seals, gaskets etc. I just had my A/T overhauled last Jan.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Mahina hatak a/t