New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Hi, i do not know if this is the right place to post this. My wife lost her Innova car key while shopping in a mall. Though we still have a duplicate key with the alarm. i am worried that someone out there might have picked it up and therefore has the key to our car. We already inquired with the guards office and so far, no one has surrendered the key. What is the best thing to do in this situation. I have inquired with Toyota and according to them they cannot change the code of the alarm since this is unique to every toyota vehicle. Thanks.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by club25 View Post
    Hi, i do not know if this is the right place to post this. My wife lost her Innova car key while shopping in a mall. Though we still have a duplicate key with the alarm. i am worried that someone out there might have picked it up and therefore has the key to our car. We already inquired with the guards office and so far, no one has surrendered the key. What is the best thing to do in this situation. I have inquired with Toyota and according to them they cannot change the code of the alarm since this is unique to every toyota vehicle. Thanks.
    The only way for someone who may be having your key now (assuming that someone has it already) to use it on your car is that if he had followed you secretly until you got home, wait until after you retire, enter the premises, open the gates from the inside and there, steal it. If parked outside, the better. If he doesn't want to trespass, he can always wait in the morning of any day, follow you for when you may park the car somewhere outside, then steal. Chances of that happening are very remote and far-fetched but strictly technicaly possible.
    If you really want that possibility avoided, you can ask the dealer to change the entire immobilizer/anti-theft system, the ignition and all door locks with a set of new keys.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ericbalajadia View Post
    The only way for someone who may be having your key now (assuming that someone has it already) to use it on your car is that if he had followed you secretly until you got home, wait until after you retire, enter the premises, open the gates from the inside and there, steal it. If parked outside, the better. If he doesn't want to trespass, he can always wait in the morning of any day, follow you for when you may park the car somewhere outside, then steal. Chances of that happening are very remote and far-fetched but strictly technicaly possible.
    If you really want that possibility avoided, you can ask the dealer to change the entire immobilizer/anti-theft system, the ignition and all door locks with a set of new keys.
    medyo malaking gastos ata to sir ah... how about changing the security system outside casa aroung 1k+ wag lang ipatanggal ang Original ipaputol mo lang. at least mag alarm sya kung i try nya buksan ang Innova mo. Mas madali kasing nakawin ang sasakyan mo pag nandoon ang remote security sa kanila.

or change all door lock sa casa and security outside casa.
    if you have budget change all na lang sa casa.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Parehong maganda ang advice nyong 2...yung una, medyo magastos pero all stock pa din(palit lahat ng may involvement sa susi-security,alarm,ignition,etc.)

Yung 2nd naman, mas makakamenos pero di na all stock....

nasa iyo na yan broTS...

5. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by club25 View Post
    We're on the same boat.

It's been more than a year since I lost the duplicate keys to our Mitsubishi Fuzion.

Everytime I remember that the other key is possibly with someone else's possession, I get uncomfortable.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Thanks for all your suggestions. Will try to go to my dealer after the holidays to see what can be done based on your recommendations/suggestions. Happy New Year everyone.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by RVRSSG2.0 View Post
    Everytime I remember that the other key is possibly with someone else's possession, I get uncomfortable.
    para hindi po kayo kabahan, get something like this -

or

8. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I suggest you apply for a comprehensive car insurance if wala pa. para incase ma-carnap may yan you're still in good hands. for security purposes din , do not leave any valuables in your car just incase alam ng nakakuha ng susi mo yung car mo which is a very remote possibility.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    just have the entire kaboodle changed. you'll never sleep well unless you do.

10. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by watusi View Post
    para hindi po kayo kabahan, get something like this -

or
    Thanks for the suggestion Sir.

Fortunately, we have one. The baseball bat-type.

Advance Happy New Year!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Lost Car Key