New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    that's true...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Walang depreciation ang local na Land Cruiser. Kahit bare ang interior and wala masyado features. hehehe.

Parang Land Rover iyan, loyal ang core customers nila.

I gave up looking for one a long time ago. Daming laspag na units sa market.

If you plan to keep it for more than double its current age and mileage, ok naman ang LC.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    depends too if what kind of driver you are, if engine, ruggedness and 4X4 capability ba habol mo? if so then this is right up your alley.

but for those (like me) who consider interior quality and age, external appearance too, not to mention ang pagka 'laspag' ng overall unit, pass ako dyan. i just can't drive an everyday car THAT old and used, lalo na pang long distance driving. every aspect of a car after more than 7-8yrs, lalo na if used often, di na talaga satisfactory gamitin daily. kahit gaano pa ka-LEGENDARY na sasakyan yan.

for weekend cars, ibang usapan na, kahit 10-20yrs old ok lang since toy car lang naman, thats why i still have my old E36.

4. Join Date
    May 2004
    Gusto ko yong sound ng engine ng LC80 at isa pa bihira lang sila. Yong sa amin over 100k km na ang nasa odo but I'm sure adjusted na sya pero malakas pa rin at walang palya.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Good choice! Tawad ka lang as much as possible. Tell the seller that its 145km na ang mileage and you might encounter some expenses to replace worn out parts. Medyo expensive kasi mga piyesa nito pero ang tibay talaga. I will expect the clutch system, brake pads and rotors, tierods and ball joint, to be worn out.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    800 to 900k, ok na ang presyo, but for 1m, too much na yan kahit lc80 na local pa yan.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Tawad lang yan to around 900+... if the condition is okay. On the LC, check the clutch (one of the weaker parts) and the turbo. As long as the owner maintained it properly then the car should be pretty good despite the mileage.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by 4JGtootsie View Post
    Good choice! Tawad ka lang as much as possible. Tell the seller that its 145km na ang mileage and you might encounter some expenses to replace worn out parts. Medyo expensive kasi mga piyesa nito pero ang tibay talaga. I will expect the clutch system, brake pads and rotors, tierods and ball joint, to be worn out.

the parts are not that expensive if you know where to look ofr it. kung sa casa expensive, some of its parts like the front pads is the same for the surf. when looking for parts wag lang sabihin na pang LC. just bring sample and say pang toyota. also it does not have ball joints. As others have said the first part that usually needs replacing is the clutch system. and check if the changed the timing belt when they mileage was 100k.
    Last edited by ARB; August 27th, 2007 at 06:22 PM.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ARB View Post
    the parts are not that expensive if you know where to look ofr it. kung sa casa expensive, some of its parts like the front pads is the same for the surf. when looking for parts wag lang sabihin na pang LC. just bring sample and say pang toyota. also it does not have ball joints. As others have said the first part that usually needs replacing is the clutch system. and check if the changed the timing belt when they mileage was 100k.
    Kuya arb:

thanks a lot for your great tips!!

hellboy(mike)

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    anong balita na sa lc80? sana makaha mo ng 900k... oh btw post pics para naman tumulo laway namin he,,he

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Local Lc 80