New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Hi guys,

How is the OIL CONSUMPTION of your LC? Sa amin, you need to top up everytime we had a long run.

Kamusta yung mga bago?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I read about that oil consumption problem before.

But i don't have a LC200 so i can't confirm. :D

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Nabasa ko sa 4x4ph na problem nga daw ng LC200 yung kumakain ng langis. Parang chief mechanic yata sa middle east yung nagpost. Several units na below 3 years old needed complete overhaul.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

4. Join Date
    May 2007
    No need for overhaul not unless may problem talaga makina mo. You can read the lc200's manual na its normal yun ganyan not just for the 200 but also for fortuner. You need to top up talaga on the 200.

I cant recall which australian forum i read they also have the same issue you can change the oil something ek el but it will not guaranty the problem, just do a top up regulary.

Btw tinry ko hindi mag top up, it averages 1-2ltrs ang kulang after 5t kms

5. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Ano lc mo local?

6. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Will it solve if we install an oil catch?

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Oil catch can will only catch the oil. If you google LC200 lemon, yan lahat complaint ng mga tao hehe

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by akosidags View Post
    No need for overhaul not unless may problem talaga makina mo. You can read the lc200's manual na its normal yun ganyan not just for the 200 but also for fortuner. You need to top up talaga on the 200.

I cant recall which australian forum i read they also have the same issue you can change the oil something ek el but it will not guaranty the problem, just do a top up regulary.

What the mechanic is saying lang is that not as tough yung makina ng LC200 compared to 80/100 series. Hindi naman kailangan i-overhaul yan basta basta.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by akosidags View Post

Medyo malakas ang 1-2ltrs per 5K ah.

The ones in the Middle East were subject to extreme conditions and the culprit was also the drivers who would overrev the engines.

10. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by imperialv View Post
    Ano lc mo local?
    Dubai gxr po

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast